Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2015, 08:21 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New to all this.

Just joined the Pentax Forum because:

a) I have been reading Camera and Lens tests for months now without joining

and

b) because I have purchased a Chinon 200mm F3.3 lens off Ebay and was perplexed when it wouldn't top down....to find that this problem had been discussed by members already with solutions given. My novice status in photography needs this help available!
Many thanks to all those members who contributed to my taking the Anodise off the lens mount in just the right place to allow my camera to stop the lens down with the green button. I will say my impression of this lens has so far (not taken many images) has not impressed me more than the Pentax 80-200mm F4.7-5.6 at it's long end but it's good to have the faster aperture.

My budget for this hobby is small so if I am to suffer from LBA I need all the help I can get to avoid buying items that are not any more satisfying than the equipment I already own.

05-09-2015, 08:42 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!

This article is always worth a read, lots of good information from the master of finding good lenses for little money. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/59245-pawnshop-le...ers-guide.html
05-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
This article is always worth a read, lots of good information from the master of finding good lenses for little money. PAWNSHOP LENSES (and other used lenses) - A Buyers' Guide
I had to look just to confirm when you said master it was indeed RioRico .
Welcome to the Forums Skodadriver
05-09-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
when you said master it was indeed RioRico
Yep, miss his wisdom and wit.........

05-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, there's always plenty of ways to still enjoy photography even on a limited budget.