Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2015, 12:21 PM   #1

Hello from Maine

I bought my K30 in April 2013 after reading & viewing multiple positive reviews and having had an introductory point & shoot which took fantastic macro images.

After taking many dazzlingly crisp & clear images over the past 2 years, my camera now refuses to take any images with proper exposures, unless I manually increase the exposure to it's maximum setting. I am so very sad & disappointed that I've invested close to $700. in a camera which only lasted just under 2 yrs.

I had formerly only used Nikon cameras, but fell in love with the quality of the Pentax macro feature. That was the selling point for this camera. First noticed that the video seemed to produce greatly overexposed video images about June of last year (about 1 yr after purchase), but otherwise it still took great images. Now it will not take any recognizable images without deliberately over-exposing manually.

I've tried resetting to factory default settings, as well as updating to the most recent firmware. Neither appears to have helped. If anyone can offer me any help, I'd greatly appreciate it. I am out of work at the moment & I was trying to begin selling my images online to help with finances, but without a camera to take new images, my business may begin to falter. Please help.

05-15-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Could one of the moderators this post to the appropriate forum so this member can get the help needed?
05-17-2015, 05:35 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, you may get a faster response if you re post your question here.

Pentax DSLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com