Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2015, 12:17 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi Don,
Congrats! Like you, I was also hunting for a perfect DSLR and landed up with K-50. I tried a Nikon D7000 and Canon 1200D too. But Pentax build quality is far more superior as well as the IQ. I have moved on to TAV mode from Auto mode since I started. I won't say that K-50 is a beginner's DSLR but it is a perfect DSLR to learn about photography since it gives you so many manual controls. On the Canon, I struggled with changing parameters. It is far more easier to control the K-50. Get one of those old manual lenses and it will surely be more fun.
Enjoy clicking!

05-19-2015, 03:24 AM   #17

Thanks for those valuable tips, especially the last one.
05-19-2015, 05:31 AM   #18
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pgaikwad Quote
it can be practically difficult to carry the whole gear everywhere all the time without being a killjoy during the social outings when there's a sudden opportunity to capture something interesting.
Very true. And while your longest lens is 200mm you can always get by with handheld shots.

QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
The best investment I made was to take a hands-on introductory photography class
Looking at your work Janet, it really paid off.
05-19-2015, 05:48 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's always a balancing act between shutter speed, aperture and ISO. Compared with film, though, it's almost not the same hobby...