Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2015, 11:15 PM - 1 Like   #1

Another addicted from Germany

Moin,

Its been a while since i first encountered pictures of some US Army (?) Guy from afganistan and i really liked his pictures and than there was a video of him showing how much dust and water his K5 and K30 could take and I was really impressed because it seems like my stuff wears out faster then others
how ever, since then ive been into pentax but it took until this January to get me one, I didn't really intend to buy one but when a large electronic store had them fore sale (300 and the 50 cashback from Pentax) i couldn't resist. I love it! I also got me a Z70 SLR and i like that to. The only thing i dislike about them is the fact that growing urge to buy me all the glasses even thought i dont know if i need and the lack of cash in my wallet... is there any help?

05-17-2015, 12:10 AM - 1 Like   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moin, and welcome. There is no cure for LBA that I know of, but it is a bit easier on your wallet if you buy second hand! True addiction is when you order your sixth 50mm lens... Until then you can collect with a clean conscience!

The guy you refer to is our distinguished staff member Heie.
05-17-2015, 12:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
Ahh Thanks! So he is the one to blame!

I just got 5 Lenses so far (18-55mm DAL II WR, SMC A 50/1.7 , Sigma SuperWide II 24mm 2.8, Tamron 17/50 and Pentax 35-80 that came with my Z70) fortunately it apears that primes offer more fun to me than zooms that might cut costs. But I'm not sure if i could resist buying another 50 if the price was okay. a second 50 would be a nice addition so i could just leave one on my Z70.
second hand: none of my lenses is first hand beside the kit lense. i really apricciate that i can just mount a 30 years old lense! could i have done the same with canikon? well who cares ^^
05-17-2015, 01:58 AM - 1 Like   #4
PJ1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forums. You will fit in very well here with your love of lenses. I don't know about help for wanting more lenses, but at least we have literally millions of cheap used lenses that we can have fun with. A lot of them will not damage your wallet too much. The old screw mount (M42) lenses have a lot to offer. The Takumars are very good. But being in Germany you should be able to find some fine old Zeiss glass to play with as well. Have a look at the lens database and then go shopping.

05-17-2015, 02:14 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Moin to you Brathahn. Haven't heard that saying for many years, you must live close to the Danish border?

G'day from Aus and I'm sorry to hear you too have caught the LBA germs
Bought my first Pentax in 2013 and now have 4 drying cabinets and over 70 new and old gems, and I still catch myself looking for more

Have fun with your new toys and all the information you will find on PF.
05-17-2015, 02:28 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Welcome to the Forums. You will fit in very well here with your love of lenses. I don't know about help for wanting more lenses, but at least we have literally millions of cheap used lenses that we can have fun with. A lot of them will not damage your wallet too much. The old screw mount (M42) lenses have a lot to offer. The Takumars are very good. But being in Germany you should be able to find some fine old Zeiss glass to play with as well. Have a look at the lens database and then go shopping.
Well right now I'm to lazy for all manual lenses but i'm attracted a little by the Pentax ME

QuoteOriginally posted by JayBee451 Quote
Moin to you Brathahn. Haven't heard that saying for many years, you must live close to the Danish border?

G'day from Aus and I'm sorry to hear you too have caught the LBA germs
Bought my first Pentax in 2013 and now have 4 drying cabinets and over 70 new and old gems, and I still catch myself looking for more

Have fun with your new toys and all the information you will find on PF.
No actually I'm from the green void or green heart (thuringia) but moin is really common here too
70??? well ahm well right now that seems a bit to much for my needing but i guess LBA gets more and more serious right? ^^
05-17-2015, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Brathahn Quote
The only thing i dislike about them is the fact that growing urge to buy me all the glasses
Welcome, it's called LBA and it's quite common among the membership here.
05-18-2015, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the clubhouse!
The A50 and the Sigma 24 are nice primes. Manual makes you take some time, but that can be a good thing. It also really requires you manage your settings.

Take your time acquiring lenses. Figure out what you can't do well with your current collection then look for the tools to achieve your goals. There are a lot of used lenses for sale, the Marketplace here is a great resource.