Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2015, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from Northern Ontario Canada

Just purchased a K-50 and so far am loving it. I have been shooting with a Canon T3 but needed a second camera and decided on a Pentax because I had several lenses from an old 35 mm film Pentax and was hoping to use on the K-50. Have been looking through this forum and looks like a great place for friendly helpful advice. Look forward to being a part of your community.

05-17-2015, 05:54 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome and enjoy your digital photography the Pentax way.
05-17-2015, 05:57 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MaryLouise Quote
Just purchased a K-50 and so far am loving it. I have been shooting with a Canon T3 but needed a second camera and decided on a Pentax because I had several lenses from an old 35 mm film Pentax and was hoping to use on the K-50. Have been looking through this forum and looks like a great place for friendly helpful advice. Look forward to being a part of your community.
Welcome neighbour. (I live in Sudbury). The K-50 must feel like a nice upgrade from a T3, with the bigger, brighter viewfinder, superior controls and low ISO noise. Which K-mount lenses do you have?
05-17-2015, 06:16 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi Dan, Espanola here....The K-50 does have the bigger, brighter viewfinder and so user friendly. The lenses I have. found out that they will not work on my K-50 so am now looking to buy a telephoto lens...do you deal at Henry's or can you recommend a place to purchase equipment for the K-50.

05-17-2015, 06:23 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.... but I have to wonder, how does a lonely Pentax get to Northern Ontario? There must be a story behind that.
05-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Welcome to the forum.... but I have to wonder, how does a lonely Pentax get to Northern Ontario? There must be a story behind that.
I don't know where Mary Louise lives, but I see Pentax shooters periodically when I'm out and about in Sudbury. Dan Savoie, the current Marketing Manager for Pentax Canada, worked at the Sudbury Henry's location for a couple of years when it first opened. Dan brought in a pretty nice selection of gear and actively sold the Pentax line with his extensive product knowledge. When he was re-hired by Ricoh Pentax, Henry's in-store Pentax display decreased markedly, as did interest in selling it.

Here's what the Pentax shelf looked a few years ago. Now it's only the basics.

Last edited by audiobomber; 05-17-2015 at 07:22 AM.
05-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #7
Pentaxian

welcome aboard.......whats lenses? curious why ya can't use them
05-17-2015, 05:54 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi ! from a former resident of "way up North" Ontario (Hearst).

Hoping you will enjoy this forum and looking forward to some of your photos too.

Cheers!

---------- Post added 05-17-15 at 08:55 PM ----------