Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #1

Shooting on Auto: does aperture need to be set to auto?

At the weekend I was out taking some photos with my ME Super and 35-105mm lens attached. A stranger offered to take a photo of my girlfriend and I and so intending to make it easier for them, I switched to auto mode on the camera. However, not realising there is an Auto setting on the lens aperture ring, I didn't switch to that.

Does this mean that the photos are likely to not come out or will the camera have adjusted the shutter speed to suit the aperture it was set to (would have been a middle f spot 8 or 11)?

Thanks!

05-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, you'll know for sure once you get the film back, here's to fingers crossed.
05-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's been a while since I have use my ME Super, but "A" lenses allow the camera to set the aperture. The ME Super does not have the ability to do that. The camera would have set the shutterspeed based on the aperture that it was set to. Sort of like Av mode on a DSLR.