Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #1

"Hey" from Jackson, MS USA

... it's a Southern thing..

From my web wanderings this forum seems to be the nicest, most helpful group around.

I started photography in the early 80’s with a Canon AE1-Program and thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity for creativity. I’m a very technical person—nerdy, but in a good way-- I’ve embraced my “inner geek”. Photography allows me to use parts of my brain that generally lie dormant.

I’m seeing an apparent pattern among many users surrounding DSLR’s. I’m in the “I was passionate about photography, then I got married, had kids, but now I’m back” group. Passions and resources indeed have seasons.

My new rig is the K10D with a SMC Pentax-FA 3.8-5.6 28-200 (from a ZX-10 film camera) and the DA that ships with the K10D. I have an AF500FTZ, that “flashes” with the K10D- I’m experimenting to discover the limitations due to P-TTL.

I look forward to learning from the forum and contributing where appropriate.

Thanks,

James

02-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Welcome aboard,

Same pattern as me - film years ago, lost interest, now dslr and loving it with the k100.

My wife has a cousin down in Jackson. Visited once - seemed like a nice town.
02-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photodan Quote
Same pattern as me - film years ago, lost interest, now dslr and loving it with the k100.
I have a feeling that will happen to me also...

oh, and hi
02-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome James!

I'm a bit of a techie too. I'm an I.T. guy by day (and on a computer during the night - geez!). Whenever I can, I try to find myself behind the lens shooting at something.

Have fun around here and enjoy your stay!