Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from sunny Swindon

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time but rarely post. I started out stealing my dads 80s canon beast as a teenager and managed to treat myself to a K10 a little over a year ago. The idea of being able to pick up lots of vintage glass was the clincher. I often find myself hankering after gear and reading about photography more than I take pictures, but for me that's half the fun. Great forum and the standard in the monthly competitions is superb.

06-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Hi, welcome to the forums. I'm afraid we're going to need photographic evidence of the 'sunny Swindon' claim.
Gary
06-11-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
well it has been... today it's back to normal: grim
06-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard.

I spent some time in your neck of the woods in recent years but it was always rainy and gray. I loved tramping through the little park near my hotel in Stanton. I wish we in the States had the tradition of going rambling like you have in the UK. I also got hooked on Wadworth 6x.

06-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks for the welcome! what a small world. If you venture out of Swindon it's actually a lovely part of the country, especially if you like rural pubs. You don't work for Honda do you? They have taken over Stanton, it's quite bizarre. I use to work for a 'Waddies' pub, 6X is a great beer.. in moderation, too much destroys your digestives!
06-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrMuz Quote
You don't work for Honda do you?
No, but I stayed in the "Honda Hotel" in Stanton Fitzwarren. Very odd to be staying in an English hotel with dual signage in English and Japanese.

My company was in the office park near the plant. I enjoyed staying there and even had the opportunity to meet a couple of other Pentaxians, but the weather never cooperated.

Best light!