Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #1

Looking for DSLR

Hey there,

I am new to this forum. I am interested in photography very much, but I don't have a DSLR, only a Point and Shoot. If anyone would like to donate old stuff, please PM me. I can show you some photos if you like.

Thanks!

06-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Tell us more about your Point and Shoot and why you think you should be given a DLSR for free? I assume you'd want lenses with that?
06-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
Emperor and Senpai

lulz, I'd save money and get a used DSLR instead.
06-02-2015, 11:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Tell us more about your Point and Shoot and why you think you should be given a DLSR for free? I assume you'd want lenses with that?
I have a canon powershot A1200 and I would like to explore and exploit the features of a DSLR, yes lenses would be good since I don't have any lenses. It doesn't matter how cheap or how old the DSLR is, a working one powerful than my canon powershot.

I love landscape and portrait photography more. I also love to take photos of milkyway and star trails. I hope I can get more result with a DSLR with good ISO feature.

Thanks.

06-03-2015, 12:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You're going to have a hard time getting someone to donate you a 'good' DSLR if any. You can find plenty of older models for under $150 if you're willing to start out with just about anything. Don't worry about big megapixel count or anything and there are plenty of old 6MP or so DSLRs you can find in a reasonable price range just for experimenting with, until you can save up for something better.
06-03-2015, 10:43 AM   #6

Original Poster
If anyone out there would like to give, please PM me.

Thanks.
06-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #7
Emperor and Senpai

QuoteOriginally posted by savanna Quote
If anyone out there would like to give, please PM me.

Thanks.
I hate to be the one who tells you this, but you're not going to find anyone who will give you a DSLR and lens in good working order, especially newer ones with better ISO range. You will be much better off saving up for one and then keeping an eye on the marketplace here. People will be willing to give you advice and help you grow as a photographer, but they aren't going to give a camera to a complete stranger, especially when it sounds like they are begging for one.
06-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I hate to be the one who tells you this, but you're not going to find anyone who will give you a DSLR and lens in good working order, especially newer ones with better ISO range. You will be much better off saving up for one and then keeping an eye on the marketplace here. People will be willing to give you advice and help you grow as a photographer, but they aren't going to give a camera to a complete stranger, especially when it sounds like they are begging for one.
I am sorry I didn't know that donate means begging...

I can work for the one who gives me the camera.

06-03-2015, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #9
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, good luck with your request, but I think you may have a long wait ahead of you.
06-03-2015, 03:23 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would look for a used K-x or K-r. Both are fairly cheap these days and will still outperform modern compacts.

If you'd like a shot at getting a free camera, be on the lookout for giveaways that we host on the forum. Hate to play devil's advocate, but if I were giving one of my own cameras I would probably donate it to a friend, school, or charity first.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good luck too!

Just in case (you've already gotten yourself a camera), there's also a few "travelling" lenses being passed around worldwide. There's also a queue for that.