Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2015, 09:12 PM   #1

Do-over

After never really liking the name I applied to my first account I have decided to start fresh. Don't worry, I wasn't very active on the last account anyways.So I figured now was as good a time as any to get re-introduced.

Greetings from a pentax shooter in Tulsa, Oklahoma!

06-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
Pentaxian

kewl beans
happy shooting!
06-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
kewl beans
happy shooting!
Thanks!
06-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Your still most welcome no matter what name you choose, but I like you style and honesty.

06-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Your still most welcome no matter what name you choose, but I like you style and honesty.
Why thank you. Hey I got a question for you. You seem to have a large lense collection. If you found a perfect condition 16-50 da* lens for 450 would you take it? It's a lense I have always wanted, and I found one locally but it is one of the early models(it was bought around the time the k10 came out). That was when all the SDM issues were happening,. I don't know. I really don't have the money but I can make it happen.
06-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ImageCircle Quote
Why thank you. Hey I got a question for you. You seem to have a large lense collection. If you found a perfect condition 16-50 da* lens for 450 would you take it? It's a lense I have always wanted, and I found one locally but it is one of the early models(it was bought around the time the k10 came out). That was when all the SDM issues were happening,. I don't know. I really don't have the money but I can make it happen.
I don't have even remotely the number of lenses that Kerrowdown has, but I do have most of the limiteds and quite a few of the DA* lenses. My DA*16-50 is one of those that has failed. I hardly ever take it out since I hold the DA 12-24 near and dear to my heart, but it's actually not that bad a lens to manually focus if it does fail. It takes beautiful photos - on par with the DA* 50-135 - and modern viewfinders really make it pretty easy to focus, even at f/2.8. Just my .02, but I think I'd nab it and cross my fingers.

Edit: Oh, and welcome back to the forums!
06-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by ImageCircle Quote
a perfect condition 16-50 da* lens
I'm the worst person here to ask that... I don't own a zoom or any lens with all that autofocus malarky on it.

I'd go with the K McCall wisdom on this, as he has owned a few DA* lenses and the one in question.

06-20-2015, 01:40 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I'm the worst person here to ask that... I don't own a zoom or any lens with all that autofocus malarky on it.

I'd go with the K McCall wisdom on this, as he has owned a few DA* lenses and the one in question.
…and I thought you had an eye for the lassies. You missed the "s" off "he"

Welcome back. We look forward to you being more active, this time around.

PS: I have a DA*16-50 whose SDM drive had stuck but could be dismantled and revived. I eventually got tired of reviving it after successive failures and converted it to screw drive (there's at least one thread here to show you how to do that). At the price you indicate, you couldn't really go wrong. I started using mine on a K20D, and it's even better on my K-3.
06-22-2015, 05:53 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
You missed the "s" off "he"
Oops my apologies to K McCall, I put it down to an age thing.

I should have guessed and known it straight away, that level of wisdom couldn't have been from a man.