Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2015, 12:31 AM   #1

Greetings from perth - western australia!

Hi everyone,

I have been browsing this forum for a while now and have eventually got up the courage to join and get to know some like-minded people that share the same passion… photography. I have played with cameras since childhood, but have never been very good at it as you can see from my work here… https://www.facebook.com/stolenmomentsphotographybygeofffernandez
However, I am still learning and trying hard to get better at it. I have done a few weddings and ‘event’ photography and dabbled in a bit of modelling. My greatest passion is ‘landscape’ photography as I just love nature and all it has to offer. I would love to hear from anyone based in Perth WA that shares the same passion and would like to team up, share knowledge and experiences, and, do some landscape photography.

06-20-2015, 01:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
06-20-2015, 03:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from the south east!
06-20-2015, 03:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Hi there. Welcome to the forum! We are going to take good care of you

06-20-2015, 03:53 AM   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. There area bunch of active Aussies around.

Look forward to read your posts and see your shots.
06-20-2015, 06:15 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome... There are a surprising amount of Aussies here.
06-20-2015, 08:05 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome aboard.

I say this with no disrespect (cos Aussies and Scots make good drinking buddies)...

But the place here is overrun with Aussies, I can't believe there are not some from your area of Perth.
06-20-2015, 04:28 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
But the place here is overrun with Aussies, I can't believe there are not some from your area of Perth.
I think there's quite a few of us in Perth

06-20-2015, 06:15 PM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
I think there's quite a few of us in Perth
I thought you were outnumbered by South Africans in Perth!
06-20-2015, 07:06 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Welcome from a frequent Perth visitor. Lot of ozzies here and we even let kiwis in as honorary ozzies if they are polite. :-)

---------- Post added 06-21-15 at 12:24 PM ----------

Perth in Summer - (16-45)

06-20-2015, 09:00 PM   #11

Original Poster
G'day mate, some beautiful pics in your Flickr gallery.

---------- Post added 06-20-15 at 09:08 PM ----------

Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome greetings, I have been to quite a few of your galleries and Flickr accounts and thoroughly enjoyed what I saw, may be some day I will be able to take and post good photos too! I am still trying to find my way around here and just a bit wary of posting in the wrong place. Cheers.
06-21-2015, 08:23 AM   #12

G'day mate. I'm from Perth too, I actually just moved here, I did a lot of landscape photography when I lived up north in the Pilbara. Do you know much places that not too far from the city where I can do landscape? And I'm trying out film for the first time.
06-22-2015, 12:48 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Padriz Quote
G'day mate. I'm from Perth too, I actually just moved here, I did a lot of landscape photography when I lived up north in the Pilbara. Do you know much places that not too far from the city where I can do landscape? And I'm trying out film for the first time.
Hi Padriz - if you are looking for landscape opportunities near Perth try Bells Rapids in Brigadoon - the water should be flowing with the last rains we've had, you could also get some great shots from Kings Park or Sorrento Quay at Hillarys Boat Harbour go a little further out and some beautiful opportunities at Noble Falls in Gidgegannup. Good luck!
06-27-2015, 08:37 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
G'day mate, thanks for the greetings. Just had a peek at some of your pics, very nice, I also love taking pics of flowers and landscapes in general.

---------- Post added 06-27-15 at 08:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I thought you were outnumbered by South Africans in Perth!
G'day Mark, you're sure right mate, there are more kiwis in Perth than there are in NZ. I have toured the north island of NZ quite extensively and enjoyed it, got snowed in at Nelson on the South Island so had to abandon and return to Perth. Beautiful country NZ!

---------- Post added 06-27-15 at 08:52 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
Welcome to the forum. There area bunch of active Aussies around.

Look forward to read your posts and see your shots.
Hi, thanks for the welcome greetings. Just had a look at your pics some lovely work. I have been to QLD a few times Brisbane and Cairns in particular. I wonder if you could help me with the names of some of the flowers I shot at the Botanical Gardens in Cairns, you can see some of them here... https://www.facebook.com/stolenmomentsphotographybygeofffernandez Thanks!.
06-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #15
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thatpentaxfella Quote
Just had a peek at some of your pics, very nice, I also love taking pics of flowers and landscapes in general.
Thanks mate, yes, flowers and landscape are the main thing for me.