Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2015, 12:49 AM - 1 Like   #1

Hello Everyone

My name is Colin Jennings, I hail from Durban, South Africa and have owned Pentax cameras all my life and I'm now 63! My first camera was inherited from my father and was a Pentax S1, a wonderful camera that became almost an extension of me. I now possess a Pentax K500, which i really do enjoy especially as digital is so much easier than having to go into the "old dark-room" situation. My principal enjoyment is wild-life photography and living in Africa certainly allows me plenty of opportunity. - Thank you for reading this and I look forward to many happy interactions, Colin.

06-22-2015, 02:02 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing some of images of your South Africa.

P.S. Durban IMHO opinion (as he ducks ready), has the best beaches in the world, that'll get 'em all jumping.
06-22-2015, 04:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Colin and welcome to the Forums
06-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from Chicago!

06-23-2015, 12:03 AM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
Thank's All

Many thanks for the welcome everyone and yes this part of the world has great opportunities for photographers, from the, "beaches", some of which are lovely, through all aspects of the "bush", of which I shall attach one or two of my pieces to this post.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-500  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-500  Photo 
06-24-2015, 03:27 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Welcome Colin! South African, but now living in New Zealand.
06-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome from another South African. PF is a great reference site for all things Pentax and photography in general. Interactions almost always positive and civil on this forum, with lots of knowledgable and talented souls out there.

Looking forward to more posts and images. Those Wood Hoopoes are great in the garden if you get them often. I miss them from my time living in JHB.

PS: check out other SA users near you in the SA group https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/groups/107-pentax-owners-south-africa/
06-28-2015, 07:27 AM   #8

Original Poster
Great Hearing From Other Users

Dear Posters,

thank you all for your enthusiastic welcomes and it's nice to know there are not only other Pentax devotees but also some who know my neck of the woods!
When I've learnt a little more as to how the site works I'll post a few more of my wild-life pictures.

CJ

06-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Colin Jennings Quote
My name is Colin Jennings, I hail from Durban, South Africa and have owned Pentax cameras all my life and I'm now 63! My first camera was inherited from my father and was a Pentax S1, a wonderful camera that became almost an extension of me. I now possess a Pentax K500, which i really do enjoy especially as digital is so much easier than having to go into the "old dark-room" situation. My principal enjoyment is wild-life photography and living in Africa certainly allows me plenty of opportunity. - Thank you for reading this and I look forward to many happy interactions, Colin.
Hello from London Ontario Canada
Wow plenty of opportunity indeed .
Like the elephant close up .
Regards
Jim Straughan