Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #1

Changing from film to digital SLR

I am finally getting back into photography, and currently have an old Ricoh film SLR camera. I'm looking forward to making the leap to digital! I'm likely going to purchase the K-5.

07-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it, and you'll also be able to use whatever lenses you had with the Ricoh camera.
07-08-2015, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Welcome! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it, and you'll also be able to use whatever lenses you had with the Ricoh camera.
CAREFUL!
They may have the Ricoh pin! They can cause the lens to get stuck on Pentax cameras

Here is some background:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/62194-ri...ed-remove.html

Luckily, it is easily removed
07-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is strange that most of the awful incidences of stuck with "Ricoh pin" are not necessarily on Ricoh lenses. I have many Ricoh manual lenses (including Rikenon P varieties), none of those causes any problems as the 'pin' is springy and retractable just like the A lenses, I would worry if it is a third party (JCPenny, Sears etc.) make, then it may cause some issue. Anyway, better be cautious than sorry after the lens get stuck in the camera.

07-09-2015, 02:46 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. I moved from film to digital a while back now, strangely soon I will be having a foray back into film, just a little black and white, so I'm looking for a black MX.
07-12-2015, 12:41 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and also to "darkroom" done in the light photography.