Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #1

Pentax K-3, my new workhorse.... but no tethering?

Hello,

I switched from Fuji (XT1) over to the K-3 for the durability, battery life, and OVF. My main use for this camera is product photography, more specifically wine bottles. I also shoot events and winery landscapes and have been using the 17-70 sigma but just ordered a 20-40 limited to replace it.

Since I'm doing a lot of bottle photography in the studio, and often in high volume, I'd like the option to tether into Capture One, or lightroom if necessary. It seems that this isn't an option with a wired tether. Would the wifi card be able to send .dngs to capture one in a workflow situation?

07-08-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An eye-fi card might do the trick for you. The flucard is abysmally slow and doesn't feature any sort of "push" capability, so you'd have to manually download the files after capturing them.

Once you have the eye-fi card set up, you can get lightroom to automatically import photos as they are downloaded.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #3

Original Poster
Awesome! I'll look into that type of card to see if it can send raw files or .dng

Hopefully C1 will be able to auto import as well. It's my preferred editor for colors.

Thanks for the help
07-12-2015, 12:38 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your K3, would they be empty of full bottles and if whisky... you could have many new "bestest" mates.