Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2015, 01:28 AM   #1

Lurking no more...

Hello to all,

I've been keenly reading your very helpful discussions for some months, but only made my first comment today. I also only today realized there's a bona-fide introduction thread; doh!

I've recently rekindled my interest in photography, as well as my venerable Pentax system, whose understated quality and compactness always attracted me. Hope Ricoh follows this tradition; they've come out with some great products so far.

About my interests: I like landscape, scenic and macro photography, in contrast to sport and street (just not very adept at these). I like shooting with small vintage primes, and enjoy (usually!) the awareness of the photographic process that this entails/requires. I do use zooms as well, but I find they relax me to the point where I start to get careless about what I'm shooting. Something of a paradox, but there it is.

I acquired an under-used K10D when they first came out, and a K50 and K5iis more recently, to accommodate slower lenses and get updated manual focusing and live-view features.

Along the way, I picked up some K and M lenses, all full frame so far, so when Ricoh finally brings on the Apocalypse by releasing their full-frame body, I shoud be equipped for both formats. But given the vintage lenses, I'm one of those people that sorely wish that Ricoh would implement auto-ISO in manual mode, or at least an exposure meter.

Happy with everything else Pentax.

I've greatly enjoyed reading the blogs and reviews, and technical discussions, and hope I might be able to say something useful myself in the future.

Hi!

07-12-2015, 04:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi, and welcome to Pentax Forums.

A lot of us like the old lenses, and, like you, are anticipating the arrival of the 35FF body. I'm sure you'll have something useful to say about our common interests and your experience, so don't leave it too long to make your second comment. Enjoy all that the Forums offer.
07-12-2015, 06:12 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eyeball Quote
so when Ricoh finally brings on the Apocalypse by releasing their full-frame body
Welcome, it's only a few months away now...