Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from central Florida

Just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone.
I just recently purchased a K3 with the 18-135 lens. I've been out of photography since about 1999 or so and am itching to get back into it again, I'm needing to brush up on digital photography in general since my last camera was a K1000 I purchased in 1978 and that I still own.

I'm looking forward to doing some lurking on the forums since I have a lot of catching up to do.

Richard

07-15-2015, 02:47 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Richard, hope you enjoy the forum. This is a wonderful place to learn and ask questions. A couple years ago I was in a similar situation with photography and now, if nothing else, I can at least speak most of the lingo.
Have fun.
07-15-2015, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #3

That 18-135 lens is probably the best purchase you could have made for your goals. I recently got one with a K-50 and it's the lens I wish I had gotten when I got my first DSLR 7 years ago. It would have saved me a lot of money on lenses in-between. Yes, primes (and some zooms) look better, but I've got a long way to go before I can make effective use of the difference. And the WR and focal length coverage give it unmatched flexibility. A lot of people say it doesn't have the best image quality, but I have yet to read a comment from anyone who owned the lens that didn't like it.
07-15-2015, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, pull up a chair and enjoy all the good things going on around here.

07-15-2015, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sapper Quote
Just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone.
I just recently purchased a K3 with the 18-135 lens. I've been out of photography since about 1999 or so and am itching to get back into it again, I'm needing to brush up on digital photography in general since my last camera was a K1000 I purchased in 1978 and that I still own.

I'm looking forward to doing some lurking on the forums since I have a lot of catching up to do.

Richard
Welcome! Wishing you a great time catching up on digital, and that this forum will provide you much help, and friendly interaction with fellow Pentax photographers.
07-16-2015, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In my limited experience in Florida, Weather Resistance is a good idea for those afternoon rains.
Welcome aboard!
07-16-2015, 10:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you for all the warm welcomes I appreciate it, it seems I have a lot of catching up to do in this field and I'm looking forward to learning things here on the forums.
I'll probably be doing more lurking rather then sharing in the beginning but will eventually become more active as I learn more.

Thanks again.
Richard

07-24-2015, 01:11 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard. Seem to be quite a few new North American Pentax and. Certainly the pricing you guys get is a lot better than lots of places.
07-25-2015, 01:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
Welcome aboard. Seem to be quite a few new North American Pentax and. Certainly the pricing you guys get is a lot better than lots of places.
Thank you howieb101, I purchased mine through a shop on Amazon.com it was the best price I could find when I was looking to buy.