Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hoping this forum is better....

...than that piece of junk forum called PentaxW***d. Looking forward to interesting and imformative conversations!

02-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum! I've never been to the other place, but the people here are very friendly and willing to share their knowledge. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time spent here, now let's see some pictures!
02-06-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Been there, signed-up, watched a while: interesting.

You have my sympathy.

PentaxForums is a good place run by a fine young man who shares his users unbridled passion for photography. He even let me in so I can attest to his open mindedness and compassion for the...
02-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Two types of forums

QuoteOriginally posted by SGT Quote
...than that piece of junk forum called PentaxW***d. Looking forward to interesting and imformative conversations!
Quite a few of us moved here from other forums, mostly from DPreview.

After almost 20 years of participating in online discussions (from small BBS or proprietary systems such as DECnet Notes, to Usenet, Internet News and modern Web forums) I have noticed that there are two major types of forums: competitive and cooperative. This one is highly cooperative, DPreview Pentax SLR Talk was once cooperative but turned into competitive overnight (although things are improving lately). According to you PentaxWorld seems to be competitive.

Anyway, this one is the best at the moment, so welcome!

-= IVAN =-

02-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome

Welcome to the "Twilight Zone!"

Ben
02-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to this forum!

Pentaxw**ld has a lot of members. I accidentally got in there after several posts in DPR included a few trap links that I was too curious not to click on.

But I did not stay long though. Pity tcom has been posting a lot of his shots over there instead of here nowadays
02-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, SGT, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-09-2007, 06:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

this is the spot you want to be. Welcome

02-09-2007, 06:57 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome SGT, I've found this to be a friendly place, full of people who know a lot about Pentax gear and photography in general, and are willing to share their knowledge.

NaCl(and if you don't like it here we'll whomp your head! oops! a little Bronx just slipped out there )H2O
02-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Welcome to the SGT!

These guys are very friendly here. As with any forum, you still have the risk of getting politely flamed now and then, but its all in good spirit.

Enjoy your stay, and yes, as xfraser put it - let's see some pictures!