Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #1

Hi, I have owned my Pentax K-30 since December 2013, but have not been able to get out and take as many photos as I wish. I concentrate on landscape and nature, but will take most anything if it catches my eye. Lately I have been having an issue with my latest photographs not being recognized in Windows Explorer or other photo editing software. The older photographs display, but not the new ones. I was on customer support earlier to day and reset the settings back to default and tried taking a couple of sample photos, but they still are not showing up when I connect the camera to the PC. Does anyone have any suggestions what may be happening?

Thanks,
Tom

07-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Try copying them from the sd card.
07-16-2015, 05:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I always take the card out of the camera and insert it into my computer. Then usually reformat after I reinsert it into the camera. I would try that like Rimfiredude suggested.
Welcome to the Forums
07-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Try taking the SD card from the camera and using a USB card reader. I have a card reader on my computer that I use to transfer photos.
Here is a basic one here --->http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-MicroSD-Reader-Writer-GFR204SD/dp/B0046TJG1U/re...sd+card+reader
If you buy one just make it is not USB 3.0 unless your computer has USB 3.0 ports. Another thing, I do not recomend leaving photos on a SD card for long periods of time before transfering them. There is always the chance the card could become corrupted and you could lose the files. Also welcome to the forums. You will find plenty of helpful people here.

Michael

07-17-2015, 04:28 AM   #5
Site Supporter

I also wonder is the card full ? Thus no room left to record new ones. That is one reason I reformat It helps keep the card clean and makes sure i only have the shots I am about to take.
07-18-2015, 02:18 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Try copying them from the sd card.
I have tried both SD card and USB. The older photos show as JPEG images in Windows explorer and PhotoScape, but I cannot access the newer photos. I can view the newer photos on the camera, just not the PC. I have the camera set to take the photos in JPEG (not raw), but I'm wondering if maybe I adjusted another setting that I am forgetting about that might be causing this issue.

---------- Post added 07-18-15 at 02:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
I also wonder is the card full ? Thus no room left to record new ones. That is one reason I reformat It helps keep the card clean and makes sure i only have the shots I am about to take.
Thanks. I have been thinking of doing that. I just need to make sure I have copied all of the photos already on the card that I can access then I will give this a try and let you know.
07-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Come to think of it, I had a similar problem. I ended up using Photo Gallery.
07-18-2015, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #8

Original Poster
To all who have tried to help me, thank you. Currently I have egg on my face. Somehow the system date on the camera reverted to 1/1/2012 and most of the photos I have taken since January were time stamped with that date, except one set that had a time stamp of March. I have a habit of searching for files by date, so I was overlooking the most recent photos. Just a technical bug-a-boo that I did not catch right away.

Tom

07-18-2015, 05:38 PM   #9
Site Supporter

I am glad to hear it was something simple.. I have trouble remembering dates so I name my files The computer installs them by date but I find them by name
07-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

My K-01 did that once, reset the date back to the factory date and I did not notice till I went to find them in Lightroom. Finally I found them when i sorted by cameras and discovered I had taken them two years before I bought the camera. The joys of technology.
07-19-2015, 01:23 AM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure we've all been there in some way or another, glad it's sorted.