Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2015, 05:58 AM   #1

New to Pentax with Serial # under 6206660

Bought a Pentax K3-II recently, serial # falls in to the category of that requires servicing. But my camera is working correctly and GPS works just as it should. Any one with issues because this was identified and submitted on the forum on 07/09/2015 and I bought my camera on 10th. Also one other question firmware update does it apply just to K3 or to both (K3 and K3-II).

Appreciate any help

Thanks
Guru

07-19-2015, 06:27 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I have no knowledge of this, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can help you with your question.
07-19-2015, 06:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also have a new k-3II that fits into the serial number sequence. But so far it is not showing any problems. I will wait a bit before sending it in as I do not want to be without the camera.

As I understand it the firmware is different for the k-3 and k-3II and so far there are no updates for k-3II.
07-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Guru_Bolt Quote
Bought a Pentax K3-II recently, serial # falls in to the category of that requires servicing. But my camera is working correctly and GPS works just as it should. Any one with issues because this was identified and submitted on the forum on 07/09/2015 and I bought my camera on 10th. Also one other question firmware update does it apply just to K3 or to both (K3 and K3-II).

Appreciate any help

Thanks
Guru
I'd recommend to send it in in a few months, once the initial wave of service requests dies down. And each camera model uses entirely different firmware, so you can't apply a K-3's update to the K-3 II and vice versa.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-19-2015, 12:41 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

When I checked yesterday Precision did not list the K-3ii among Pentax cameras on its service site. When you use the web they ask for make and model information before setting you up for the repair. I emailed them more than a week ago asking if they were set up to do this specific fix. I have received no response.