Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2015, 06:21 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from the UK

Hello everyone!

I'm Squirrelu hailing from the UK. Decided to pick up Analog photography to get me out of the house (I also cannot afford a DSLR :P)
I am currently using a Pentax ME, but also own a Pentax ME Super (though the back door is a bit loose so it needs fixing) and have inherited my Dad's old Pentax S1A that I have yet to use (got a bit scared at having to set aperture and shutter speed all myself!)

It's lovely to meet you all!

07-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter

I still shoot film too and will for as long as I can. I started 35mm photography with my father`s S1A and later the SPII. I also have the ME Super because I love that bright focusing screen.
Not to worry when you shoot with no built in meter like the S1A though. Handheld meters are still available if you need one and many are at very good prices. You may learn more though by using the tried and true sunny 16 rule. You will get an eye for the quality of light with some practice and gain insights to carry over to later camera models in the future.
Welcome to the PF.
07-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'm actually very very lucky. My Dad was an avid aviation photographer back in the late 70's to early 80's. After having my bro and me his photography equipment went away untouched for 30 years! Hearing that I was getting into shooting film he got it out. He has the pentax light meter for the SA 1 which I know can be rare now (he was saying how rare it was in the days he got it!)
Now I've done some stuff with shooting with the ME I think I'm a bit more confident to tackle a fully manual camera.
Thank you for the warm welcome!
07-20-2015, 01:44 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Squirrelu Quote
though the back door is a bit loose so it needs fixing
Welcome to the forum, that's what gaffer tapes for.