Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2015, 07:50 AM   #1

Hello from a long time lurker

Hello all,

I've been frequenting the forums for a long time now. When I tried to login yesterday I found out that I didn't even have an account!
So today I subscribed. Turned out I was nothing more than a lurker.

Anyway. A brief introduction is in place.
I'm a 30 year old guy working in health care. I've been into photography since I was a kid and in 1998 I got my first camera, a Pentax K1000. This is the camera that tought me the fundementals of photography.
As the years passed I got into digital, first with a Sanyo compact, then Panasonic bridge camera and finally a K10D DSLR. That moment I decided not to get a new DSLR until Pentax launched a full-frame. At last there is light at the end of that tunnel.

Even though I don't shoot as much as I want I'm Always reading, watching and learning more about it. Lately I've been doing a lot of reading about lighting (studio flash and speedlilght).

I've got a vacation to Berlin coming up and with the weight restrictions on planes these days I decided not to take my K10D along. Save those precious kg for stuff to buy.
But I didn't want to go without, or shoot with my phone. So I decided to pick up a Pentax Q.
The Q with the 5-15 and the fisheye is a miniature version of the kit I carry with the K10D. So I really hope I'm not going to miss the K10D.

That's it for now.
It's very nice to meet you all, fellow Pentaxians.

07-24-2015, 08:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mactire Quote
Hello all,

I've been frequenting the forums for a long time now. When I tried to login yesterday I found out that I didn't even have an account!
So today I subscribed. Turned out I was nothing more than a lurker.

Anyway. A brief introduction is in place.
I'm a 30 year old guy working in health care. I've been into photography since I was a kid and in 1998 I got my first camera, a Pentax K1000. This is the camera that tought me the fundementals of photography.
As the years passed I got into digital, first with a Sanyo compact, then Panasonic bridge camera and finally a K10D DSLR. That moment I decided not to get a new DSLR until Pentax launched a full-frame. At last there is light at the end of that tunnel.

Even though I don't shoot as much as I want I'm Always reading, watching and learning more about it. Lately I've been doing a lot of reading about lighting (studio flash and speedlilght).

I've got a vacation to Berlin coming up and with the weight restrictions on planes these days I decided not to take my K10D along. Save those precious kg for stuff to buy.
But I didn't want to go without, or shoot with my phone. So I decided to pick up a Pentax Q.
The Q with the 5-15 and the fisheye is a miniature version of the kit I carry with the K10D. So I really hope I'm not going to miss the K10D.

That's it for now.
It's very nice to meet you all, fellow Pentaxians.
Welcome on board... I am sure you will find lots of information from forum members if you need any help.

Anyway, I also have a Pentax Q briefly and enjoying the picture quality that comes in small package. I also have the 02 (5-15) lens plus the 01 lens that comes with the original package. One thing I would caution you, since the battery does not last very long, you might want to buy some additional batteries when you travel. Another very important point is to buy the genuine battery, not the cheap ones. The problem with the cheap batteries is that they expand while stored in the camera if you leave it there for too long. When that happens, the battery got stuck in the camera, there is no way to get it out. Just thought I mention this...
Enjoy your Q!!
07-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mactire Quote
At last there is light at the end of that tunnel.
Welcome here, aye and it's not an on coming train at last.
07-30-2015, 08:55 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

07-30-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums. My first camera was a K1000 as well back in 1985. My first DSLR was also the K10D, I still have both. Last year I upgraded to the K3. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

Michael