Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2015, 05:24 AM   #1

Introduction

Hi,

Just thought I'd get my first post in. At the moment, my main system is M43 and with the Panasonic/ Leica 25mm + Olympus 75mm lenses it's going to remain that way for a while yet system-wise. But the images I've seen rendered from the Ricoh GR are just, well...wonderful - I want some of that! In particular, the tones I'm seeing are something that just can't be matched by M43, the only thing I've seen similar so far is of the $10,000 red dot variety. I would of brought a boxed 2013 GR and saved some cash, only for some time now you haven't been able to go into a store in either London or Sydney and buy one, nor has the retailer been able to order one from Ricoh direct. So it's the new one for me - I've put a deposit on a GRII which I *hope* will be received in the next week. I imagine all you longtime GR users may be a bit flat after seeing the minimal changes to the GRII. Well that doesn't apply to me - this is the first time I'm going to own a GR and I can't wait! I imagine this is an exciting time to be getting on the Pentax/ Ricoh bandwagon with new products being worked on and full frame rumored to be coming soon. Looking forward to gaining and sharing the knowledge here.

Ray Vonn

07-26-2015, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ray Vonn Quote
rumoured to be coming soon
Welcome to the forum, pleased to say that it's no longer rumour, just waiting for an actual date in the next three months of so.
07-27-2015, 12:18 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
07-28-2015, 05:40 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! The GR sensor is supposed to be a special breed.