Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #1

Hello from Germany :)

Hello to the forum! Hopefully, my introduction won't sound any controversial - I am open to any discussion

I have been a Pentax user since the mid 90's, always loved the ergonomy of the cameras, and the quality of the lenses.

Unfortunately, Pentax overslept the digital market somewhat - so my first digital camera came a bit late (K20D). My next one should have been the K5 - for sure I would have been happy with that one til today. But again it came a bit late for me - and Sony mirrorless came in between (Nex5N)
Today I don't want to do without mirrorless anymore. And since Pentax still doesn't offer a APS-C mirrorless camera, my actual camera again became a Sony (a6000).

But I still love my old Pentax lenses, and prefer them over the native E-Mount lenses. E.g. the smc F50/1.7 (maybe my favorite lens on a APS-C sensor) over the SEL 50/1.8. Even though the latter being a brilliant glass, offers AF (what my adapted Pentax lens of course doesn't), has an IS and is equally fast. But it doesn't have that special Pentax look

My main subject is nature, and since my kids were born, more and more people photography. My favourite lenses next to the 50/1.7 are the smc FA100/2.8 (non "D" or "W" ) and the 35/2.8 macro ltd.
Among my favs are also some very nice Sigma lenses (8-16mm, 400 APO tele macro), and my latest addition (of today the 70/2.8 EX DG macro. Of course in K-mount - if there ever will be a nice Pentax APS-C or FF mirrorless camera, I am free to come back home

Thanks to all of you - you provided some really interesting information here

Kind regards

Martin

Cephalotus follicularis by Martin Hingst, 35/2.8 macro ltd.

C. splendens by Martin Hingst, FA 100/2.8 macro

DSC00517-Bearbeitet by Martin Hingst, F50/1.7

07-30-2015, 06:06 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!

The K-01 is mirrorless, and should be available for a pretty low price. If electronic viewfinders are good enough, maybe we'll see another mirrorless eventually. I can't do without a viewfinder, though, I do a lot of work in the sun, and shoot very quickly which is an advantage of the standard DSLR. K5 series bodies are very inexpensive now, you'll find. Mine is a real workhorse, extremely durable.

That Sigma 8-16 is a very special lens, I can't think of anything like it. Eventually I'd like to get a copy, a two-week rental convinced me.
07-30-2015, 06:33 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for your welcome Terry

You're right of course with the K01- seems as I have overslept something here had a quick look, I guess it doesn't offer as much as I got from Sony, plus I cannot use my old vintage lenses like my CV Heliar. But then, I would not need an adaptor for my Pentax lenses anymore....hmmm. Have to watch that more carefully.

Cannot say anything negative by now about the A6000 viewfinder - my first EVF though, I love to see Zebra and focus peaking in the picture. And seems even brighter than my K20D viewfinder. Hopefully, something like that will find its way into the next Pentax mirrorless camera. Hopefully a FF
07-30-2015, 08:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Willkommen to the forum Martin! Looking forward to seeing more of your images.

07-30-2015, 09:58 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Steve here is one of this weeks' shot - the first pics taken with my new cam - and the Pentax 100/2.8 macro:

Trichrysis cyanea by Martin Hingst, auf Flickr
07-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Martin Hingst Quote
Pentax 100/2.8 macro:
Welcome aboard, in your hands that camera and lens combo makes for super sharp imagery.
07-30-2015, 04:26 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks Kerrowdown
07-31-2015, 05:23 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin Hingst Quote
Thanks Steve here is one of this weeks' shot - the first pics taken with my new cam - and the Pentax 100/2.8 macro:

Trichrysis cyanea by Martin Hingst, auf Flickr

We have the little green cuckoo wasps here too, not sure of the species. They can be a little to tough to tell from the Agochlora bees until they sit still or you see the bees really gathering pollen, which the wasps don't need to do. They're strikingly colored, for sure.