Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2015, 07:01 AM   #1

K-50 and Astropfoto dreams

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello all,

Few years ago i jumped into Astronomy hobby . Started with Bressier 20-80 binoculars and MAK 5" telescope , it was great start, love for stars and heavens will be forever now . After reaching some entry level knowledges and observations i made a pause for a one year about( sold all stuff ). But stars are calling again, so i decided to join them in other way and bought these things:

10904 Pentax K-50 + DAL 18-55 WR + DAL 50-200 WR Juodas | Katalogas - SKYTECH.LT
ZIIN 47BK Vanguard ZIIN 47BK Sling bag, Black | Katalogas - SKYTECH.LT
ESPOD CX 203AGH
Timer Remote Shutter Cord for Pentax K10D K20D K200D DL | eBay

By looking into photos you guys make with K-X, K-30, K-5 , i am sure i can do some cool stuff with all my purchases . Sure... i have very little information , i am not photographer, but reading a lot, watching a lot, i will learn.

If you ask me why Pentax? Then my answer: i don't like mass popular things, no BMW, AUDI or Wolkswaggen ( it's a cult in my country ) , also no CANON photo things . By reading and googling i see, that Canon is left almost in dust when comparing "Low Light" CMOS performance in entry or mid range DSLR. Second reason for Pentax, WR ...it must be amazing, work when you want, i don't care about rain, dust and snow ...

Autumn is coming, skies becoming darker and darker. I will be able to start working with my Pentax only in the end of next month , because my birthday is coming and wife doesn't know yet i gifted myself such a present It will be legalized after month

P.S. I remember myself many times searching for Pentax K-50 performance under stars, but information is very little on this model, so i hope my information will help for those considering Astrophoto Time with K-50 . And, i can not promise something spectacular ...i am NOOB here... but i will post my experiences and photos under variuous conditions.

Respect to you Pentax users.

08-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

welcome aboard! the K-50 is practically a steal now a days by price......I also have a great fancy for night sky images......I use the o-gps with my K-50 but it is still a tough go with long focal lengths and run my K-r with a 14/2.8 for nice wide field stuff (creating time lapse and star trail composites)......never have used any formal telescope equipment but if I had dollars it would be wicked to get deep sky stuff with proper mounts etc.......some folks on here have exceptional skills with shooting the night sky and have been very helpful in my learning experience
look forward to your results!
happy shooting!
08-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome onboard, night skies are not the easiest of things to photograph, but a few members here have some stunning results, hopefully they can help.