Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New returning photographer

Hey everyone. Just joined this website for the wealth of knowledge I continue to seek and have(lurked) for years. My first ever camera was a pass down Pentax K1000 my father always said was a "great camera" but you must learn how to use it. As a little kid, I just never cared much since every picture I took came out no good or blurry. Fast forward 30+ years later, I've re-discovered photography even though I bought my "current" Pentax Kx almost 6 years ago. I think it's mainly since I will be having a son in a month. I never took my Pentax out when I had my first child 4 years ago. I know, I know, I was caught up in the camcorder and "phone photography" mode, even though I knew I had a great camera and lens set just packed away neatly and safely. I missed a lot of great baby photos because I was too lazy to take out my camera instead of running around looking for my phone. Won't happen with this one. Here's one of my recent photos. I need more practice since I'm very rusty and I'm the type who doesn't want to mess with PP if I can avoid it. I actually prefer natural looking shots. This is an untouched raw image to jpeg. Scaled down to fit Pentaxforums post image requirements. Gear for shot= Pentax Kx and FA77.

Software used to convert from RAW to JPEG then re-sized was XnView

edit: sorry forgot to add shot info: no flash, ISO 100, 1/250, F3.5,

Name:  0.1.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  68.3 KB

Last edited by Cyber Neb; 08-21-2015 at 07:32 AM.
08-16-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. Your model is adorable.
08-18-2015, 01:42 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum i.e. no lurking required and also welcome back to photography.
08-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yeah, she's adorable. She's my niece. Thanks for the welcome. I do look forward to the photography hobby lifestyle again after years away.