Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Former Canon AE-1 User, Current K3 User

Back in high school (2005 or so) I was gifted a Canon AE-1. I loved shooting with that camera, and it ignited a passion for photography. Aside from consulting books, I was entirely self-taught until I took a photography course during my first semester of college. The professor for that course was amazing, and allowed me to stray from the curriculum. I used a Holga 120 and my Grandfather's Kowa 6, mixed my own chemistry, and was able to print on fiber paper instead of the typical resin coated. Towards the end of that semester I started working for a Sears Portrait studio. Overall it was not a good experience. Due to the burn out from working there, a lack of funds, and no access to a dark room, I fell out of photography.

Eight or so years later, my financial situation improved, and I decided that I needed a hobby. I work from home and sitting in front of my computer all day was starting to get old. While setting up a home workshop, I decided that I would like a camera to take photos/videos of my future projects. After agonizing on what type/brand of camera to get, I purchased a K-3. The K-3 is the best digital camera I have ever used, though comparing it to the Canon Digital Rebel, Olympus E-1, and various point and shoots is not fair. While it is not as magical as time I spent in the darkroom, the digital development process is fun. Overall I am pretty happy with the camera, and look forward to mastering it.

Thank you for trudging through my introduction, and I look forward to contributing to this forum.

08-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You've made a great choice. The K3 offers an amazing amount in an extraordinary package, and the range, flexibility and value in the Pentax system will feed all your photographic needs 😊 You've got loads of great discoveries ahead as you find out about building your collection of compatible lenses and accessories.....

Oh... And you might enjoy taking some photos as well 😁

Welcome to the PF forum! Please ask any question that you need and check out all the great resources and information within the website.
08-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! Lightroom or other processing suites will give you lots of ability to get the final image you want.
Though your workstation isn't quite the sanctum of a darkroom...
08-18-2015, 01:43 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome, enjoy all the forum has to offer.

08-18-2015, 03:38 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

Be sure to share photos and take part. It is a fun place, with lots of help if you are trying to do something photographically that just isn't working out.