Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #1

Bonjour! From Montreal, Canada

Hi Guys,

just wanted to pop in and say hello! I've got some Pentax lenses I have purchased and used for a little while. Looking to get more information and perhaps let some go! Pay attention to the buy and sell section soon!

Thanks,

Last edited by Tugx; 08-18-2015 at 12:25 PM.
08-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. You may gain access to the For Sale forum by making a small donation to the site.
08-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
08-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome Aboard!

08-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bienvenue, and use those lenses! I love Montreal. I have been there in all seasons, great art, music, food, sites, history, and maybe again baseball. We're headed to Quebec soon and Eastern Townships, with Pentax of course, new and older...
David
08-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Bienvenue, and use those lenses! I love Montreal. I have been there in all seasons, great art, music, food, sites, history, and maybe again baseball. We're headed to Quebec soon and Eastern Townships, with Pentax of course, new and older...
David
Unfortunately I can't say I love Montreal or for that matter Quebec. We drove down from Toronto with 3-other Photographer friends. Sooner we crossed into French speaking Canada we started loosing our way. Stopping and asking for directions on the motor way is neigh impossible and dangerous. We had hell of a time. And we were cursing Joseph Francois Dupleix who ruled portions of French India and who always lost to Robert Clive the British Governor of India.
All the damn road signs were in French and we had a hard time finding the correct directions.
In comparison, road signs in Ontario are both in French and English. This is a very thoughtful and humble gesture, and the reason why rule Britannia has never been disliked by the colonies they ruled, the mightiest and the richest among them being India.

Any way we enjoyed these parts of Canada, as it reminded us of our European holiday.

Can we request our French Photographer friends to do something about this??
Regards.
08-18-2015, 01:50 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Tugx Quote
perhaps let some go!
Welcome to the forum, that's a concept that not many can do here... otherwise known as LBA, no mention of ever selling.

08-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thank for all the messages! Some more elaborate than others, I can clearly see the level of activity here!

Here's a link to some lenses for sale!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3344756
08-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #9

Bienvenue Tugx! I was just in Montreal two weekends ago - loved the vibrant city although I got lost twice driving on the roads at the night, but in the end filled up two SD cards taking pictures! Aimez les signes Français partout - tout comme à Paris!!
08-18-2015, 07:52 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nanhi Quote
Unfortunately I can't say I love Montreal or for that matter Quebec. We drove down from Toronto with 3-other Photographer friends. Sooner we crossed into French speaking Canada we started loosing our way. Stopping and asking for directions on the motor way is neigh impossible and dangerous. We had hell of a time. And we were cursing Joseph Francois Dupleix who ruled portions of French India and who always lost to Robert Clive the British Governor of India.
All the damn road signs were in French and we had a hard time finding the correct directions.
In comparison, road signs in Ontario are both in French and English. This is a very thoughtful and humble gesture, and the reason why rule Britannia has never been disliked by the colonies they ruled, the mightiest and the richest among them being India.

Any way we enjoyed these parts of Canada, as it reminded us of our European holiday.

Can we request our French Photographer friends to do something about this??
Regards.
"All the damn road signs were in French and we had a hard time finding the correct directions.
In comparison, road signs in Ontario are both in French and English. This is a very thoughtful and humble gesture, and the reason why rule Britannia has never been disliked by the colonies they ruled, the mightiest and the richest among them being India
."

Well ... !! You would expect the Québec province to have signs in French and tourists/visitors should be aware of that before wanting to travel there.
On the other hand, I am totally surprised to see that you had a tough time getting directions as most folks in the larger cities in Québec speak "at least a little" English.
Sorry about your mishaps there (here). So next time you visit us, send me a PM and I'll help you out.

"Can we request our French Photographer friends to do something about this??"

BTW: what is it exactly that you would like us to do about that?

P.S.: I am 100% bilingual in French/English ... being an old Québecker who also resided in other provinces for most of my adult life.

Cheers!
08-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum.... we hope to see some images.
08-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
"All the damn road signs were in French and we had a hard time finding the correct directions.
In comparison, road signs in Ontario are both in French and English. This is a very thoughtful and humble gesture, and the reason why rule Britannia has never been disliked by the colonies they ruled, the mightiest and the richest among them being India
."

Well ... !! You would expect the Québec province to have signs in French and tourists/visitors should be aware of that before wanting to travel there.
On the other hand, I am totally surprised to see that you had a tough time getting directions as most folks in the larger cities in Québec speak "at least a little" English.
Sorry about your mishaps there (here). So next time you visit us, send me a PM and I'll help you out.

"Can we request our French Photographer friends to do something about this??"

BTW: what is it exactly that you would like us to do about that?

P.S.: I am 100% bilingual in French/English ... being an old Québecker who also resided in other provinces for most of my adult life.

Cheers!
I am truly grateful that you responded from the bottom of your heart. I too am not a native English speaker, but recognizing that English is a global link language the signs should yes be in French and below that in English - in smaller letters if you wish.
I am sure this can be done very easily and portray the large heartedness of our French Canadian Friends. Please do note I am not a Canadian, but love all of Canada, and I have mentioned that we enjoyed our stay in both Montreal and Quebec.
Please don't be confused and let your voice be heard for bilingual road signs all over Canada. I hope this is not asking for too much.
Gos Bless.
08-19-2015, 04:51 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tugx,
Looking forward to some of your images, and to driving through your lovely part of the world soon with my camera. I used to visit Quebec yearly when I was studying in Maine, but that was a while ago. We're also looking forward to the Beaver Hill exhibit at MBAM this fall! Nous vivons assez près de visiter facilement, l'année prochaine la Gaspésie.
David

Last edited by Jacquot; 08-19-2015 at 04:59 AM. Reason: wrong name