Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #1

Hi from Minnesota

I started taking an interest in photography about two years ago. I purchased a K30 18 months ago and have really enjoyed using it. I immediately began purchasing some of the Pentax legacy lens which made me learn how to manually focus. What fun!! I have so much more to learn but I'm looking forward to a lot of time in retirement to learn and practice.
This forum has been a source of information for me and I learn so much from others!!
I'm currently looking to purchase either a K3 or a K3ii. I've been reading about the problems with the mirror flapping in the K3. Has anyone had or heard of anyone having this problem with the K3ii?
I appreciate any information on this issue.

JCon

08-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Pentaxian

welcome aboard
sorry don't know much bout the k-3
08-19-2015, 06:46 PM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
welcome aboard
sorry don't know much bout the k-3
Aaron, welcome to the forum. I have been reading it for over six months. I just got a K-3 right before Father's Day and have shot almost everyday. I have not had an issue with the mirror flapping. I believe that may have been address with the latest firmware update. All I can say that it is an amazing piece of machinery! I have some legacy glass as well and they are fun to shoot with. Take the plunge with either the cameras, you won't regret it. I myself and hoping to soon get some limited lenses and see what that limited prime fever is all about.

Best of luck.
08-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Angel Perez Quote
Aaron, welcome to the forum. I have been reading it for over six months. I just got a K-3 right before Father's Day and have shot almost everyday. I have not had an issue with the mirror flapping. I believe that may have been address with the latest firmware update. All I can say that it is an amazing piece of machinery! I have some legacy glass as well and they are fun to shoot with. Take the plunge with either the cameras, you won't regret it. I myself and hoping to soon get some limited lenses and see what that limited prime fever is all about.

Best of luck.
Thanks Angel. I really love my K30 and I'm looking forward to shooting with either the K3 or the K3ii. It's good to hear you haven't had problems. Hope it stays that way for you!

08-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JCon Quote
learn how to manually focus. What fun!!
Welcome, so you mean there's some other way?
08-23-2015, 05:49 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JCon Quote
Thanks Angel. I really love my K30 and I'm looking forward to shooting with either the K3 or the K3ii. It's good to hear you haven't had problems. Hope it stays that way for you!
Aaron,

Also I bought mine from Adorama and got the Pentax two year extended Warranty for 19.99. Not bad for three year piece of mind. By then I'll probably be looking for the next big thing.

Best of luck!