Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7
Hi from Minnesota

I started taking an interest in photography about two years ago. I purchased a K30 18 months ago and have really enjoyed using it. I immediately began purchasing some of the Pentax legacy lens which made me learn how to manually focus. What fun!! I have so much more to learn but I'm looking forward to a lot of time in retirement to learn and practice.
This forum has been a source of information for me and I learn so much from others!!
.
I'm currently looking to purchase either a K3 or a K3ii. I've been reading about the problems with the mirror flapping in the K3. Has anyone had or heard of anyone having this problem with the K3ii?
I appreciate any information on this issue.

JCon

08-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Aaron28's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 1,070
welcome aboard
sorry don't know much bout the k-3
08-19-2015, 06:46 PM   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 65
QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
welcome aboard
sorry don't know much bout the k-3
Aaron, welcome to the forum. I have been reading it for over six months. I just got a K-3 right before Father's Day and have shot almost everyday. I have not had an issue with the mirror flapping. I believe that may have been address with the latest firmware update. All I can say that it is an amazing piece of machinery! I have some legacy glass as well and they are fun to shoot with. Take the plunge with either the cameras, you won't regret it. I myself and hoping to soon get some limited lenses and see what that limited prime fever is all about.

Best of luck.
08-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Angel Perez Quote
Aaron, welcome to the forum. I have been reading it for over six months. I just got a K-3 right before Father's Day and have shot almost everyday. I have not had an issue with the mirror flapping. I believe that may have been address with the latest firmware update. All I can say that it is an amazing piece of machinery! I have some legacy glass as well and they are fun to shoot with. Take the plunge with either the cameras, you won't regret it. I myself and hoping to soon get some limited lenses and see what that limited prime fever is all about.

Best of luck.
Thanks Angel. I really love my K30 and I'm looking forward to shooting with either the K3 or the K3ii. It's good to hear you haven't had problems. Hope it stays that way for you!

08-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,742
QuoteOriginally posted by JCon Quote
learn how to manually focus. What fun!!
Welcome, so you mean there's some other way?
08-23-2015, 05:49 AM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 65
QuoteOriginally posted by JCon Quote
Thanks Angel. I really love my K30 and I'm looking forward to shooting with either the K3 or the K3ii. It's good to hear you haven't had problems. Hope it stays that way for you!
Aaron,

Also I bought mine from Adorama and got the Pentax two year extended Warranty for 19.99. Not bad for three year piece of mind. By then I'll probably be looking for the next big thing.

Best of luck!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
information, k3, k3ii
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Minnesota Lake Welcomes and Introductions 3 06-22-2015 05:32 AM
Hello from Minnesota AerialQ Welcomes and Introductions 4 05-19-2014 10:05 AM
Hello from Minnesota trighammer Welcomes and Introductions 4 05-10-2014 11:30 PM
Hello From Minnesota! matlobi Welcomes and Introductions 6 04-21-2014 08:54 AM
Hello from Balmy Minnesota toddster Welcomes and Introductions 7 01-30-2014 06:32 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top