Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2015, 11:44 PM   #1

Hi from the Left Coast of the US

Greetings!

I'm new here, but I've been into photography for a while. Got started in the early 70's with a Spotmatic II which kept me happy till I picked up a black body MX in 1980.
Then along came digital and the MX got kind of lost in the closet. A couple of years ago, I started to get an itch for shooting film again, but found the light seals in my MX had turned to goo. Wah!

Wandering through the local thrift store, while pondering the fate of my MX, I came across a very clean K1000. Shot several rolls of b&w film on vacation and was quite happy with the results, especially since the battery was dead and I didn't have a spare!

Since then, I've acquired a couple more Pentax cameras... a second K1000, a ZX-60, an ME Super and most recently an MG. And to be honest, I haven't ignored the competition. I also have three Canon EOS Rebels, a 2000, a Ti and a K2. Lastly, a Nikon FM10.

I used to process my own film. Mostly b&w and a =little= color. Thought the color was a lot of work! However the Durst M302 enlarger and other bits went away years ago. Wanting to process my b&w film again, I picked up a Durst F30. Currently, it's just collecting dust, but SOON! :-)

Anyhow, that's me and it's getting late.

Amanda

08-21-2015, 01:25 AM   #2

Welcome Amanda,
Nice to have you join us.
08-22-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, you sound already like a one "man/person" camera shop, should fit right in around here.
06-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #4

Original Poster
New Critter In The House

Hi All...

Added a new-to-me camera this week. Went to the thrift store and found a Minolta Maxxum 450si with a Minolta 35-70 zoom lens and a Quantaray 70-300 zoom. Also in the bag was a Minolta Program 3500xi flash and a handful of filters.
Haven't had much time to play... er, work with the equipment, but visual condition seems around an 8 or 9. I've shot a few frames of BW400CN and I'll try to get the rest done by the weekend.
I know this is the Pentax Forums, but it seems also to be for folks with a genuine love of photography regardless of camera brand.

Amanda

06-06-2016, 10:07 PM   #5
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ajward Quote
I know this is the Pentax Forums, but it seems also to be for folks with a genuine love of photography regardless of camera brand.

Hi Amanda. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Most members here do have a genuine love for photography. There are just a few instances ( some competitions etc.) that are Pentax specific, but otherwise " post away " with what you got !!! Hope to see some of your images soon.
06-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Amanda! Looking forward to seeing some of your images posted here.
06-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Welcome, from the mid-coast!