Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi

Hi
My name is Paul and I'm from Watford in the UK. I just bought a Pentax K10D and thought I'd join see what's happening with other Pentax users.

Thanks, Paul

06-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome. You will find a whole lot of pleasant fellow Pentax users here, along with a couple of not so pleasant - but many less than most other forums.
06-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi

Thanks for that.

I've just starting taking photography a bit more seriously this year. I did used to own a Olympus OM10 many years ago but with purchasing a digital Sony P&S camera a few years back I got into taking a lot more snaps.

Now it's time to move on from snaps and since February I have been using a Fuji S6500fd (bridge camera) mainly in aperture priority mode and for the last couple of months I have been looking at getting a DSLR. When I saw that my local camera shop was selling refurb K10Ds for 350 with a years warranty I did a bit of investigating and realised that there is nothing on the market as good as the that. I think the Nikon D60 is a bit more and it's not as good. I spoke to someone who owns a K10D and had a look on the net and decided to get one.

I'm not one of these people who believe using photoshop is cheating and I think that just like in painting and other art forms photography is a broad church and can accept all types of people who express their art in whichever way they want. I might not like all art I see in a gallery but it doesn't mean that because it is not to my taste that the art has no value.

Sorry if the last paragraph is a bit heavy.

Thanks, Paul

Last edited by paolo g; 06-18-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: To add further info...
06-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Paul, I think you will like the K10D very much. Despite all the negative comments that I have read, I do not find it cramps my style at all. It might be because my first 20 years of shooting were with manual everything Pentaxes that I find it as good as it is. The only time my K10D takes more than one frame at a time is when I have it on bracketing, so 3 fps doesn't bother me at all. I find the results at high ISO levels rather good, compared to equivalent film, particularly if you are a bit generous with your exposure. You can see sample images of the K10D with assorted lenses on my Flickr site - that's all I use it for.