Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2015, 11:38 AM   #1

New kid on the block

Hello from Germany! As I'm active on the German's Pentaxians site for a while I felt it was time to have a look into this forum, too. Said so and done, here I am. In real life my name is Carsten, living in the western part of Germany on the river Rhine. I'm relatively new to DSLR in general and Pentax in special, but feel at home with it. I can't imagine to go with the mainstream C's 'n N's, Pentax is charming and so easy to operate, if I think about friends who still after years only now the shutter release on their cam....

Last edited by Ocularis; 08-30-2015 at 05:36 AM.
08-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Hello from USA!
08-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Willkommen to the forum Carsten! I have fond memories of the Rheinland. Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
08-29-2015, 01:57 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, it's good to have you here too.

08-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome !!!
08-30-2015, 06:15 AM   #6

Original Poster
Hi again!

Thanks, guys, for the warm welcome! To tell you a little more about me: Living in Düsseldorf and here I'm out most of the time with my K-3 shooting urban scenes and street, architecture, lost places, concert and some landscape, these are my favorite themes. Since short the glasses on my cam are exclusively MF ones, they give me better results than my AF lenses and further teach me "real" photography.

As written in my opening post, I'm active on the German Pentaxians Forum site not only as member but as moderator, too. So, I spend some time for this forum and beg your pardon if there's not so much time left for these one. But I like to expand my horizon and see what's going on here...