Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #1

Hello from Florida

I've been browsing this forum for a few months & it's been the ultimate resource for a nasty vintage lens collecting habit I've recently developed.

I'll be reviewing a few lenses soon to give back to the community.

Here are some shots from various M42 & K-mount lenses:

Attached Images

08-29-2015, 05:24 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Nifty. I'm in Ft Myers, myself. You shooting film or digital?
08-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Exroadie Quote
Nifty. I'm in Ft Myers, myself. You shooting film or digital?
Nice, I've shot a few music videos out there. I'm all digital; DP turned photographer, but I'm all about emulating the look and feel of film. Right now I'm shooting on Sony A7S & Red Scarlet (using the 5K stills mode).

You shoot film? I'll probably jump on that bandwagon in the not too distant future.
08-29-2015, 06:21 PM   #4
Forum Member

I've got a point and shoot for snaps, but other than that I shoot on film. My setup is K1000 and a whole bunch of M series primes. I did pick up an ME Super in a deal this summer where I bought a whole kit because I wanted one of the lenses and I decided I like it. That's about as advanced as I get.
That barn pic looked like something I might have seen around Myaka or in the Alafiya area? Not as many of those around as there used to be.

08-30-2015, 04:17 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ryan Lightbourn Quote
ultimate resource for a nasty vintage lens collecting habit I've recently developed
Welcome aboard, the good news is that 1) It's not terminal, and 2) Your not alone...
08-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Exroadie Quote
I did pick up an ME Super in a deal this summer where I bought a whole kit because I wanted one of the lenses and I decided I like it. That's about as advanced as I get.
That barn pic looked like something I might have seen around Myaka or in the Alafiya area? Not as many of those around as there used to be.
Gotcha, I bought an old as-is Exakta Varex lens/camera combo for the glass, but I'll definitely be testing it out to see if it can shoot. The lens worked perfectly. I'll choose Pentax if I get into film though, because the vast majority of my favorite lenses are M42.

That barn was in Polk County near Fantasy of Flight. I had an event shoot out there & drove around the town beforehand. I believe there was a sign on the fence that said it was owned by the city (so maybe they're preserving it...there was an old windmill on the property too).

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, the good news is that 1) It's not terminal, and 2) Your not alone...
Good to hear. I'll be looking into a support group stat.
08-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #7
Forum Member

Just north of where I thought. There's a zone that runs between that Polk City/Lakeland area, down to where I live where there are a lot of places that were built in about the same time period as that one.
If you're thinking about shooting some film with the older lenses, you couldn't have picked a better time. The cameras are all over, they're cheap. There are still people around that can service them.
You can get a great condition film era body for $50 or less, get it CLA'ed and put into like new condition and still be into it for less than $100. I've picked up all the great primes I always wanted but couldn't afford back when I got into this...

08-31-2015, 11:56 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome !!! J