Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2015, 06:36 AM   #1

hello alll

Old-timer here. First camera I purchased with my own money was a k-1000 (thats a manual film camera to all you moire fed digitizers ;P)

09-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France ... hope to see some images soon ! Salut, J
09-05-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Had several Asahi Pentax - Honeywell Pentax - etc before the K1000 was introduced. Welcome aboard from a converted film processor.

Last edited by WPRESTO; 09-06-2015 at 04:48 AM.
09-06-2015, 12:19 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mtvessel Quote
that's a manual film camera
Welcome aboard, you could well be surprised how many long term Pentax users there are around here.

This thread may be of interest to you. Pentax Film SLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com

09-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #5

Original Poster
I must say i am so happy to see long term pentax users! Familiar with and have shot with Asahi. But a Honeywell? amazing, very cool. My mom started teaching me on her Graflex TLR. I wish she hadn't given it away! I will check out the pentax film forum for sure.
I am beginning to get a handle on my K3. right now am using it mostly to document homes for rehabs/remodels with my primary lens being a DA 16-45 from my * ist d. My wife works for a Non Profit (CHI llc). CHI is working in several neighborhoods here in des Moines, Ia. the goal being to go in and save and revitalize the community/architecture/history/culture of these neighborhoods, while updating and remediating the homes. This shooting is difficult in many ways. some homes have no electricity, some are filled to rafters with stuff. some are empty. some have squatters. All have time constraints. get in.. shoot as fast as possible and get out. go to the next one. I find my self shooting in Live View a lot. the film shooter in me getting fooled frequently by the sound of the mirror. Also the K3 has intermittent issues with light assisted autofocus. in and out over and over then it will stop the screen looks sharp but it won't take the shot. flash is up and charged. i dont get it. I have to switch over to manual focus increase aperture for depth of field and guess the distance of my nearest important object to infinity.