Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2015, 05:53 PM   #1

Canberra, Australia, new film Pentax convert

Hi,

New member and Pentax convert after using another brand for 25 years.

Using old film camera's, mainly a Program A as it gives me the best view (Glasses wearer).

I have a few bodies from K1000 to the Program A, as they are such good value for money.

I shot in black and white, home develop and scan in the completed photos.

Looking at eventually getting a digital body. (Current digital body from other brand)

Thanks,

Phillip.

09-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, you are sure to find lots to interest you here. Many of us enjoy film, and I also have many many film cameras. Post some of your pictures soon.
09-21-2015, 01:22 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Welcome
09-21-2015, 01:27 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums, Phillip. You'll find lots of encouragement and camaraderie here.

Many of us have older film Pentaxes, as well as digital models. If you like a good viewfinder, also have a look at a K2DMD or even an LX, with its many optical finders. I have both, and I wear specs, too.

Enjoy your time here.
Rob

09-21-2015, 03:21 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day mate welcome to the forum
09-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, plenty of your fellow countryfolk already here to keep you company.
09-22-2015, 12:34 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words. I hope to get a few years fun out of my new Old camera's.

RobA_Oz, thanks for pointing out the K2DMD and LX bodies for Spec wearers. Is the MX body suitable as well for us optically challenged users?
09-22-2015, 01:15 AM   #8
Pentaxian

The MX is well-liked for the size and brightness of the viewfinder image, but I don't know what it's like for spectacle-wearers (ie the eye relief) as I've never owned one. Perhaps you should ask a question on a film forum, here.

09-22-2015, 01:43 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. The renaissance of film continues...
09-22-2015, 05:01 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by QRPhil Quote
Is the MX body suitable as well for us optically challenged users?
They don't come better than the MX view-finder. The LX and KX, KM, K1000, K2 and also the Spotmatics are all fine cameras, and I have them all. Having bought the MX when they first came out, I became attached to it more than the others. That is just a personal preference. I thought the small size was a virtue, but others seem to have hands that prefer bigger gear. My pristine LX is delightful to hold, but is more costly to buy and maintain, and equipped with electronics that add complexity I don't need.
09-22-2015, 06:13 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
They don't come better than the MX view-finder. The LX and KX, KM, K1000, K2 and also the Spotmatics are all fine cameras, and I have them all. Having bought the MX when they first came out, I became attached to it more than the others. That is just a personal preference. I thought the small size was a virtue, but others seem to have hands that prefer bigger gear. My pristine LX is delightful to hold, but is more costly to buy and maintain, and equipped with electronics that add complexity I don't need.
Eye relief, though, is a different optical characteristic from image brightness or size. The unanswered question is whether or not the MX viewfinder is good for spectacle-wearers.
09-23-2015, 06:46 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF !

Hope to see some images soon. Salut, J