Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2015, 06:44 AM   #1

Forum newbie, K-3ii astro question

Hi everybody!
I am a Pentax user and asrtophotographer.
Few days ago i bought k-3ii to use an astrotracker option in astrophoto (first test already in attached photo below).
I think, that GPS give a camera position information and date/time. Magnetic sensors and gyroscopes give lens direction in current time (to shift and rotate(?) matrix precisely in right direction).
Regular astrophoto equatorial mount can give more precisely Earth rotation correction.
And so, what will happen if activate an astrotracker function in k-3ii and put it with long lens on equatorial mount? If sensors accuracy is very high and it works untill exposition going - astrotracker will correcting mount errors?

Attached Images

09-22-2015, 06:54 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Worth a punt, but I should imagine that you need to use either an equatorial mount or astrostacker, not the two together.
09-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Emperor and Senpai

I think all astrotracer does is finds where you are and compensates for the earth's rotation. I don't imagine you could use both on a GEM. I may try it though since I do have the iOptron 7100 and a K3 and the OGPS1 module.
09-22-2015, 07:25 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I may try it though since I do have the iOptron 7100 and a K3 and the OGPS1 module.
If it not so difficult to you! It will be grateful!

09-22-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lucky IL Quote
If sensors accuracy is very high and it works untill exposition going - astrotracker will correcting mount errors?
Welcome to the forum, all sounds good in theory, but you sound just like the man to test it all out... well volunteered and do let us all know how you get on.
09-23-2015, 06:45 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF !

Hope to see some more images soon. Salut, J