Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2015, 06:19 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
New to dslr

Hello all. I recently purchased my first dslr, a Pentax *ist DL. So far I'm thrilled with the pictures from the camera. While it may not be a top of the line model, after shooting film for nearly two years, it fulfills my requirements in a camera. I've read a bit of the discussions on this forum and decided to take the dive into sharing and discussing with you. I hope to learn a lot and improve my skills, so criticism is always welcome on my photos. I look forward to the discussions to come.

09-27-2015, 06:40 AM - 1 Like   #2
mee
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums. Everyone has a different view (depending on their tastes) on what constitutes a well captured image so keep that in mind with critiques. Did you use Pentax cameras when shooting film?
09-27-2015, 06:52 AM   #3

Original Poster
For the past 8 months I have been using a Pz1p, but the cpu died. Before that I shot with a Chinon CM-5 that uses k lenses. I still really enjoy film, but the recent price hikes across the board made the DL a better option for me. The quality of the Pz1 sold me on pentax cameras.
09-27-2015, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gcbrd Quote
it fulfills my requirements in a camera
Welcome to the forum, that's what's important and your happy.

09-27-2015, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #5
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gcbrd Quote
For the past 8 months I have been using a Pz1p, but the cpu died. Before that I shot with a Chinon CM-5 that uses k lenses. I still really enjoy film, but the recent price hikes across the board made the DL a better option for me. The quality of the Pz1 sold me on pentax cameras.

Neat... your K mount lenses are useful on your istD now too then!
09-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #6

Original Poster
The lens compatibility was one of the deciding factors. Being able to use the stuff I have saved a bit of money. Currently I'm eyeballing one of the 40mm pancakes. I think it would make a great addition to the DL.
09-29-2015, 04:04 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ! Hope to see some images soon ! Salut, J
10-02-2015, 05:34 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! You'll have fun, I'm sure.
Remember when it's time to look for new gear the Marketplace here should be your first stop for quality used gear.

10-03-2015, 10:56 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thank you all for the welcome. I'll be sure to keep an eye on the marketplace for a couple more lenses in the future. Being that I shot mostly manual on film, a good autofocus lens would be nice.