Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #1

'User' settings

Hi folks, newbie here. I'm interested in getting a K-3, and was wondering about the 'User,1,2,3' settings. On my K-5, I can set a 'User' setting to 'Toy Camera' effect or 'Color Extraction' and just go to that option when needed, as a pre-set. Can this also be done in a 'User' mode with the K-3? I was trying to read the online manual, but couldn't figure it out. thanks.

---------- Post added 10-01-15 at 10:00 PM ----------

Sorry, I meant, K-5IIs, if that is any different.

10-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, it works in the same way.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-02-2015, 05:40 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, they're useful for standard setups you use frequently. I have a "fast shot mode" on one, based on another forum member's suggestion. It's TAV fast continuous shooting, no in-camera image adjustments, center focus and center metering etc. All designed to get the fastest burst mode for following action like dogs running around. It works well. I should set one up for tripod shooting since I always forget to turn off timer mode...
10-02-2015, 05:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes, it works in the same way.
Except the K-3 User modes are more configurable than the K-5/K-5 II(s), a benefit of having electronic buttons over mechanical switches.

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Yeah, they're useful for standard setups you use frequently. I have a "fast shot mode" on one, based on another forum member's suggestion. It's TAV fast continuous shooting, no in-camera image adjustments, center focus and center metering etc. All designed to get the fastest burst mode for following action like dogs running around. It works well. I should set one up for tripod shooting since I always forget to turn off timer mode...
Your description of "fast shot mode" matches my Action mode. User2 is set up for Flash and User3 for Tripod.

10-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I've gone for a "quick HDR brackets" mode on my one K7 User option ...ISO 100, Av, drive mode 5 exposure brackets 1 stop apart, 'one push bracketing' ....
10-03-2015, 02:07 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, glad to see you have answers already as I have no comprehension of all this new fangled technology, I must be getting really old.

Hope I'm able to still fly the new FF when it gets here.