Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2015, 08:40 PM   #1

New to Pentax Q

I generally shoot Olympus M43, but recently picked up a second hand Pentax Q with the 01 and 06 lens. My interest in Pentax and the Q system was first piqued in Japan where I saw a couple people using it. But it was watching Blunty's Youtube videos and the incredibly low price that my local camera store was offering that package at that really convinced me to get one. Even though it's been less than two weeks after getting it, I've already been having a blast! Looking forward to hanging out around here and getting know some fellow Pentaxians!

10-03-2015, 02:11 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to hear you enjoying the Q.
10-03-2015, 03:22 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love my the Q, the masterpiece of engineering
10-03-2015, 04:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Using the front dial on the Q is a game changer... being able to change from normal to bold monochrome or some other custom effects that you can program in is very handy. In Lightroom, my jpgs will keep the settings I have on the front dial while the raws are processed as if there were no filters - so I'll shoot raw+ and I'll have the best of both worlds! Another tip is to have the flash on all the time, but in the settings menu, you can program the cam to only fire the flash when it's in the up position. So rather than fussing around in the flash settings, just kick the flash up and it will work. That thing is just full of ingenious design... Congrats and hope you continue to have some fun with it!

10-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
Using the front dial on the Q is a game changer... being able to change from normal to bold monochrome or some other custom effects that you can program in is very handy. In Lightroom, my jpgs will keep the settings I have on the front dial while the raws are processed as if there were no filters - so I'll shoot raw+ and I'll have the best of both worlds! Another tip is to have the flash on all the time, but in the settings menu, you can program the cam to only fire the flash when it's in the up position. So rather than fussing around in the flash settings, just kick the flash up and it will work. That thing is just full of ingenious design... Congrats and hope you continue to have some fun with it!
I've been finding the front dial pretty indispensable as well. What filters do you enjoy using the most? Bold Monochrome is definitely my favourite, but I haven't really gone through them all yet.

Thanks for the tip about the flash settings. I've gone and set it and it works like a charm!
10-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF !!!

Hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J