Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #1

longtime lurker...

...first time poster

I finally joined after purchasing a K-S1 recently. I had been fairly happy on Samsung but was never able to get the exact set up on a camera I wanted.
Then i saw the K-S1 with its' prominent command dial, Pentax menu system i enjoyed on a q10 I used, and the amazingly low price tag.
I'm enjoying the more varied Pentax lens selection, and the fact that I can actually afford a 2.8 standard zoom.
Most of the pictures I take are of my family and such events, especially the passel of grand-kids/nieces/nephews etc. we have now.

Cheers,

Fibinaci

10-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! The K-S1 is a good choice for family shots

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the board.
10-06-2015, 01:11 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fibinaci Quote
longtime lurker...
Welcome aboard, well that's the intro done, now you can really get stuck in.

10-06-2015, 01:15 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Something strange going on with your signature tags, when you click on them they work fine... I just copied and pasted your whole post so you can see what I mean, in case it looks right to you at you end.
10-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to this forum, it's an amazing place.
Glad to hear you having fun with your new camera, it's amazing how cheap Pentax is.
Hope you learn some nice skills and impress your family with amazing photos of them.
Have Fun!