Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2015, 06:17 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hi from Germany

Hello all,

after a few years of constant reading in this forum i decided to become a little active and register.

As the title might already tell you, Im from Germany so not a native English speaker but I try my best to get some understandable text down - at least photos know now language so there should be no problem

My photographic experience started with a Pentax "Point and Shoot"-Film camera and got a huge break afterwards till the digital cameras became more reasonable priced. There I started with an Olympus -Tough, a very nice little cam. I really enjoyed to shoot with it, but after a few years I had the desire to get deeper into photography and looked for my first DSLR.

Here Pentax got me with the Summer Cash Back on the K-5 including the 18-135, this bundle looked like a reasonable way to go + my father had a K-7 and I really liked the feeling of the camera (compared to the plastic canon stuff ).

From there the stone started rolling and one by one the lenses found their way into my hands. Now after ~ 3 1/2 year of shooting with my Pentax K-5, my interests in changed / expanded constantly (macro, landscape, travel, concert, ...) and so I own like 7 lenses (+ a Pentax Q) and still feeling the "need" of trying some others

Have a nice day.

Chris

Last edited by Tom S.; 10-07-2015 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Blog link removed.
10-07-2015, 06:55 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WELCOME, WELCOME. Always happy to have new members and share new images. BTW: Practically everybody's English is better than any English speakers second language, especially Americans. Forgive us. I had four years of Spanish in school (before college) and never once was in a position to use it. After the first five to ten years, whatever facility I had with the language was essentially gone. Also had several years of French in college, mostly for reading. Only had one brief vacation in France but by that time whatever I knew of French was largely gone, and my pronunciation would make any Frenchmen either weep or burst into hysterical laughter. My wife, on the other hand, gets along reasonably well in either French or Russian, and my son can still converse in Mandarin.
10-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LilithBaerchen Quote
the stone started rolling and one by one the lenses found their way into my hands
Welcome to the forum, that's one of the nicest descriptions I've ever seen of LBA (lens buying addiction).

You've made it sound like you were not involved in the acquisition process at all.
10-07-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome to this awesome place.
Your english is better than my German. :-)
Have fun with your camera and lenses, I am sure more lenses will mysteriously appear in your camera bag (and your savings balance mysteriously going down...).

10-07-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Willkommen im Forum, es gibt hier noch einige "Nichtmuttersprachler"
Gru und viel Spa
10-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Welcome, and thanks for the intro! Another "Nichtmuttersprachler" here
10-07-2015, 11:06 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the friendly welcome

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, that's one of the nicest descriptions I've ever seen of LBA (lens buying addiction).

You've made it sound like you were not involved in the acquisition process at all.
Thanks, it just feels so much better for me to say it like this
10-11-2015, 01:47 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the clubhouse!

10-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Gruesse Dich!