Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2015, 11:15 AM   #1

Hello from South Africa

Hello everybody, the name's Cedric, Cedric Wyeth :-)

All the way from SA, keen amateur photographer. Alas no Pentax gear, so hoping I wont be kicked/booted from the forum. If I do get booted, it was nice being here :-)

10-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, but we'll just grid you down until to you get some Pentax kit.
10-17-2015, 11:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum!
10-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from Norway! Hanging out with us will, of course, make you want to buy Pentax gear before long. Yeah, we are that cool

I'll visit your part of the world in a couple of weeks, btw

10-18-2015, 12:33 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanx for having me here. As for buying more gear, I dont think the wife will allow that :-(

---------- Post added 10-18-15 at 12:38 AM ----------

Thanx guys for having me here. As for buying more kit, I don't think the wife will allow it :-(

@ Savoche, South Africa is a great place. Provided you go to the right places. People are friendly and there is lots of game parks, where you can expect to see things like lions, elephants, wildebees, water buffalo etc. I have a friend that does tours at a game reserve, if you like I can put you guys in touch. His name is Grant Atkinson. Here is a link to his website

Grant Atkinson Wildlife Photography and Photographic Safaris
10-18-2015, 05:19 AM   #6
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ballistic Quote
@ Savoche, South Africa is a great place. Provided you go to the right places. People are friendly and there is lots of game parks, where you can expect to see things like lions, elephants, wildebees, water buffalo etc. I have a friend that does tours at a game reserve, if you like I can put you guys in touch. His name is Grant Atkinson. Here is a link to his website

Grant Atkinson Wildlife Photography and Photographic Safaris
Thank you South Africa definitely is a wonderful and diverse country. This is not our first visit, and I'm sure it will not be our last. It is, however, our first visit to Northern Cape and the Kalahari. Earlier visits to Namibia have left us wanting to see more dry landscapes, and I'm sure NC won't let us down

Not sure I'll get my wife along on a photo centric safari, but a return to Bots is on the bucket list.
10-18-2015, 06:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Cedric, Welcome!

10-18-2015, 09:08 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Cedric, Although very useful for Pentax gear and talk, PF is also a great and friendly reference for many other topics on all things photograph. Although not very popular in SA, Pentax still has a small loyal following and plenty of great gear from the old days which are still very usable on modern DSLR gear. And most of the modern bodies are up there with the best from C&N in APS-C ,and class leading ruggedness and weather proofing. BTW Grant is a very impressive photographer and I see his pangolin marketing and coverage in media quite often.