Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2015, 06:23 AM   #1

Introduce myself

Hi my name is Dan, I haven't used my K1000 in a while but I think it's a great unit. I bought mine off a colleague years ago she had been a student and unfortunately scratched her initials into the
Body but I guess that's all part of its history. Other than that pretty much mint condition and everything works. In this digital age and iPhones etc point and shoot seems to be the way, but even so I love the old K. I'm not sure what screen mine has I just see a circle?

10-24-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome!

If you hang around this joint for a spell, it's a cinch you'll want to start shooting, again.
10-25-2015, 06:48 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaporboy Quote
Hi my name is Dan, I haven't used my K1000 in a while but I think it's a great unit. I bought mine off a colleague years ago she had been a student and unfortunately scratched her initials into the
Body but I guess that's all part of its history. Other than that pretty much mint condition and everything works. In this digital age and iPhones etc point and shoot seems to be the way, but even so I love the old K. I'm not sure what screen mine has I just see a circle?
Hello -
The K1000 has a standard microprism focusing screen (the "circle" you see). Focusing in anything but good light can be somewhat of a challenge, especially for those people with less than perfect eyesight. Nowadays I can find (where I live anyway) any number of old Pentax 35 SLRs for a few dollars, so if film is still acceptable to you (and why not?) maybe you could hunt around for a bargain. Look for a model with a split image focusing screen and things will be much easier to focus on.
Mike
10-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, dings and scratches are Pentax enhancements.

10-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
10-25-2015, 06:49 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hello!