Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello form Brazil

Hy guys!
I've been following "Pentax Forums" since 2011, when I bought a "Pentax Q", but only recently I decided to register and post...

Pentax Q was my entrance key to the Pentax world. I loved the concept of a tiny little mirrorless interchangeable lens system that could be with me all the time, everywhere and , regardless off all the bad reviews and opinions against it, it worked very well indeed for me. Slowly and steadly I invested on Q lenses and on another camera body (Q7). Suddenly I noticed that all my big and heavy Canon SLR stuff could not give me the "fun factor" and even the smooth operation that these little cameras offered.

When the K3 was released, it seemed to me like a much improved "SLR version of the Qs" and was a natural choice. It gave me all the ergonomics and the pleasure to use of the Qs with a stunning SLR image quality... And with the bonus that all the K lenses could be used in the Q system

I'm do not make photos as a way of living, but I can't live without taking pictures. My points of interest are Portrait Photography and Nature Photography.
All in all, it's a pleasure to be here in this forum!
And thank you guys, for all the lessons and tips you've been giving to me, without knowing, during this past 4 years!!!
Kindest regards and thank you for your attention to this long post...

Last edited by Lightwriter; 10-28-2015 at 06:48 PM.
10-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum!
10-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank You!
Hope to post some pictures /album soon...
Kindest regards,
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
10-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, lets see some more of colourful Brazil.

10-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #5

Original Poster
Macro 100mm or DA*300mm to shoot insects?

Thank you very much

OK! Colours from Brazil!

This is a picture of an "Heliconius erato phyllis" butterfly. This is a very common butterfly, found in many different biotopes of Brazil, including the Brazilian Savana (or as we call "Cerrado") where I live.

It was the first photo taken with my brand new DA* 300 mm F4 that I've recently bought. For years I've used a Macro 100 mm F2.8 to shoot insects. But this particular butterfly is very elusive and flies away with the lightest movement, sound or tentative of aproximation... For this reason it was very difficult to take a macro shot of it in the fields.

Although it's not a true macro shot, the 300mm focal distance gave me a very decent magnification and details of it, in a much easier way (handheld , 2 meters away...).

As a matter of fact, this was the first time I've used this 300mm tele to shoot insects in the fields and I loved it! From now on I will definitely consider this lens for shooting insects and other fugitive creatures...

And you, what do you prefer: a 100 mm F2.8 Macro or a DA* 300 mm F4 ?
Kindest regards,
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
10-27-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forum. yes the K3 is fantastic. nice shot of the butterfly.
10-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you very much!