Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-28-2015, 04:29 PM   #1

Hi all

Hi,

just wanted to introduce myself.

I am really really passionate about photography, I believe it is the most wonderful type of art out there. This is my first time really venturing in digital photography and am both scared and nervous about it. I really look forward to learning from you all and any advice you guy's have about how to go about editing and apps or anything at all, lol... well I'm open ears to.

I used to use an old school canon AE-1, and took more bad photos than good lol. So I'm hoping that I might have a faster learning curve through digital. I've always liked Pentax cameras and I like being able to use older manual lenses on the digital SLR's and it seems to be something you can do with Pentax's. I'm looking forward to purchasing a nice used K2000 to start off with and go from there!

This is really coming a good time in my life (rediscovering photography) as I have recently been diagnosed with MS, and now that my days of playing rugby or competitive cycling have ended (pretty much as soon as the diagnosis was made), I can invest in doing something and perhaps doing something therapeutic, regardless of how the disease progress.

Thanks again for being such an awesome community of people. I really look forward to learning from everyone here

: )

10-28-2015, 10:05 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome!
Sorry to hear of the curve thrown your way, but I'm sure the time spent here will be fruitful.
10-29-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum!
10-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear your health news, but photography knows no such boundaries, enjoy it all.

10-30-2015, 01:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forum.
10-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
Welcome!
Sorry to hear of the curve thrown your way, but I'm sure the time spent here will be fruitful.
Well, now I have another hobby that I can actually rationalize to people around me for spending absurd amounts of money on... and they won't look at me like I'm crazy for once lol. Thanks!

---------- Post added 10-30-15 at 07:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
welcome to the forum.
Thanks, I totally appreciate it and look forward to learning from you guys!

---------- Post added 10-30-15 at 07:35 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear your health news, but photography knows no such boundaries, enjoy it all.
Much appreciated! I just picked up a K2000 from one of members on of this site. I'm so excited... and nervous. Feels like things are going to be better and a whole new world has opened up for me : )

---------- Post added 10-30-15 at 07:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, any advice you guys have on just throw it my way!