Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #1

New K-50 Owner

Hello everyone my real name is Jerry Maher and I live in
Oswego, N.Y. which is located in Central NY.
I'm dumb as a bag of rocks when it comes to my new Pentex K-50.
To this point I have shot with nothing but Sony Equipment from the 717 - 828 and my Alpha 100.
This K-50 was just purchased for my by an anonymous friend.
All I can say is wow right out of the box.
Stupid question already how do I set that bright setting to normal. O can't get back to that screen.

11-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It's a great camera!
Welcome to the forum!
11-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by poohsoutlaw Quote
I'm dumb as a bag of rocks when it comes to my new Pentex K-50.
Apparently the camera choice is defeating your statement. Enjoy!!!
11-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

If you read the manual you will learn a surprising amount.

11-02-2015, 02:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome. I just made the move to Pentax with a K50 too. They are a ripper of a little camera
11-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
'm dumb as a bag of rocks
Welcome aboard, don't throw them away, they're handy for adding extra weight to the tripod for increased stability.
11-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #7
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome Jerry. Enjoyed your post.

Stupid question already how do I set that bright setting to normal. O can't get back to that screen.
I guess you mean the setting for jpg photos? Press the Info button. On the back screen, select the top left icon (Custom Image) using the 4-way controller. Press Ok. Then you have a choice of settings. Select the one you want using the 4-way controller. (On my K-30, Natural is the second from the left.) Then press OK.

11-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
If you read the manual you will learn a surprising amount.
Absolutely true, even though, I don't have the same camera, I know that Pentax menu is very intuitive. Play - that the best way to learn.
11-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This K-50 was just purchased for my by an anonymous friend.
Welcome!

I'll take that person, now. Thank you.
11-05-2015, 03:11 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Welcome Jerry. Enjoyed your post.

I guess you mean the setting for jpg photos? Press the Info button. On the back screen, select the top left icon (Custom Image) using the 4-way controller. Press Ok. Then you have a choice of settings. Select the one you want using the 4-way controller. (On my K-30, Natural is the second from the left.) Then press OK.
Thanks Des that's exactly what I was looking for. This camera has produced some amazing photo's right out of the box. Now its time to play some. Thank You.

---------- Post added 11-05-15 at 03:35 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
Welcome!

Nakedgun, I heard from the person that purchased the camera for me. I shoot many photo's of children that are fighting Agressive Stage 4 Brain Cancer Pro Bono. Well my Alpha 100 is slowly dying so this person purchased the K-50 for me. At first I did a little jig not knowing why I was so fortunate and lucky to get such a nice camera. When I heard from this person (whom I've never met) and and he told me I inspired him and his family with my photo's of these children he decided to buy me a new camera. He had saved my address that I posted on my FB page once and was just going to send money for me to donate.
I cried when he text me and explained. I don't have any money to donate to these kids but, I am talented photographer so I donate my time always for free. I also do free shoots for special needs children.

---------- Post added 11-05-15 at 03:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
Welcome!

Nakedgun, I heard from the person that purchased the camera for me. I shoot many photo's of children that are fighting Agressive Stage 4 Brain Cancer Pro Bono. Well my Alpha 100 is slowly dying so this person purchased the K-50 for me. At first I did a little jig not knowing why I was so fortunate and lucky to get such a nice camera. When I heard from this person (whom I've never met) and and he told me I inspired him and his family with my photo's of these children he decided to buy me a new camera. He had saved my address that I posted on my FB page once and was just going to send money for me to donate.
I cried when he text me and explained. I don't have any money to donate to these kids but, I am talented photographer so I donate my time always for free. I also do free shoots for special needs children.
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM   #11
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That's a great story Jerry. I hope you will share some of your photos with us.