Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2015, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #1

New owner of 645Z, Digital Tech/Photographer in NYC

Hi, been wanting to buy a MF digital back for a while, have been borrowing a Hassey 503 with Phase One P25 back for a while, happy for the price drop, exciting to have the extra sensitivity of a CMOS MF back. Bummer that you have to buy Image Transmitter Software, about to rig it up and try to use it with Capture One, hope it's not too aggravating...Going to document some artwork in a gallery tomorrow, would like to use this camera, maybe will just shoot into Pentax module and figure it out later. I also do a lot of 'alternative process' work, using digital files as the root. Especially experienced with liquid silver gelatin emulsion and a modern 'tin type' version using this material. I'm using two ends of the spectrum, super modern and dawn of traditional photography. Hard core historical photo people discount doing it this way instead of 'in camera,' but I'm not a historical re-enactor, I'm here to make bad-ass images and photography has always been about technical improvements, right?

Attached Images

11-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! I know jack diddly about MF, FF and heck even APS-C kicks my butt regularly...
11-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum!
11-10-2015, 03:56 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, let us know how you get on the capture one set up.

11-17-2015, 11:15 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, let us know how you get on the capture one set up.
Cap1 set up works, had to buy Image Transmitter, then got Capture Fix..Images show up in Cap1 on 2014 MacbookPro in less than four seconds for compete file to be seen...However, C1 won't 'auto select' new file into the viewer window though, trying to figure that out...

---------- Post added 11-17-15 at 11:30 AM ----------

OK, you have to run it as a Catalog, not as a Capture Session, then use Hot Folder and works..you can even speed things up by having it auto select 'immediately' whereas the other way it would only show up when the file was fully rendered....