Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2
Been a long time coming.

I finally got around to writing something on this forum after being a member for a long time now but never got the 'paper and pen' out to say something...!!
I have been a photographer for longer than I can remember but have never go around to talking about my experiences, ideas and/or results on a site or forum.

I look forward to seeing and hearing from all of you, about everything and anything to do with the 'Art of Photography', as I am always looking to learn from those who know more than I do...
...and see if I can offer advice to those who know less ...!


I appreciate valuable constructive criticism, in a nice tactful way. I love seeing work done by others, the good, the bad, and the ugly, we can all learn from everyone.
Take on board what works, learn from that which doesn't, and discard the rest.

11-19-2015, 04:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,776
QuoteOriginally posted by Abundance3 Quote
I finally got around to writing something on this forum after being a member for a long time now but never got the 'paper and pen' out to say something...!!
I have been a photographer for longer than I can remember but have never go around to talking about my experiences, ideas and/or results on a site or forum.

I look forward to seeing and hearing from all of you, about everything and anything to do with the 'Art of Photography', as I am always looking to learn from those who know more than I do...
...and see if I can offer advice to those who know less ...!


I appreciate valuable constructive criticism, in a nice tactful way. I love seeing work done by others, the good, the bad, and the ugly, we can all learn from everyone.
Take on board what works, learn from that which doesn't, and discard the rest.
Well done sir. Welcome aboard and looking forward to the sharing of photos, information and fun. Let us know what equipment you are using, your favorite and why.

Regards,

Tonytee
11-19-2015, 05:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,289
Welcome! Glad you joined and spoke up.
11-19-2015, 06:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,886
Welcome to the forum!

11-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #5
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Well done sir. Welcome aboard and looking forward to the sharing of photos, information and fun. Let us know what equipment you are using, your favorite and why.

Regards,

Tonytee
Hi Tonytee,

Wow, what equipment am I using....?

I imagine, like most photographers, at least at some point in their life, have had a collection of cameras that have either been actively using, or collected over time sitting unused in a bag, box or somewhere they can always be pulled out to relive memories attached to each and every piece of kit.

I have gone through a whole host of cameras over the years ranging from
35mm - Minolta X300, X700, Nikon F3's, F4's and F5's
DSLR- Nikon D200, D2H, Canon EOS 1D MKiii's
Medium format - Pentax 67, 6x7, and 67ii's, Mamiya 7's
Large format - LInhof Kardan 4x5's and Toyo view 8x10's
Vintage Kodak Eastman View No.2 D
and an Antique Houghton "Triple Victo" Mahogany 1/2 Plate Camera.

Not to mention the lenses.....

At this point in time I am going 'Old School' and getting a new refreshed love of using film. I am starting to reshoot with my 67ii, my 4x5 Linhof and the Toyo 8x10.

The 67ii, due to it's relatively easy use and portability, despite the fact that it has some weight to it. With it's upgrades from the older 67's, it a pleasure to use, even though a tripod is a fairly common necessity.
The two sheet film cameras, the Linhof and Toyo are now beginning to get out more often, mainly as I have got my hands on a large quantity of 4x5 film at a steal off eBay, and the Toyo 8x10 as I have found a new fascination for using x-ray film.

So why go back to film?
The biggest reason, - digital has taken away the 'process' of photography as it was becoming an image elimination process and 'Trigger Happy Snapper' rather than a thoughtful artist.

I have a genuine love for all photographic gear, the highly advance DSLR which can fly you to the moon, and the basic but highly specialised field and view camera with just as much versatility when you know how to use it...!!!

The results speak for themselves.
11-20-2015, 03:42 AM   #6
Pentaxian
debakarma's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,269
Welcome to the forum.
11-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #7
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,776
QuoteOriginally posted by Abundance3 Quote
Hi Tonytee,

Wow, what equipment am I using....?

I imagine, like most photographers, at least at some point in their life, have had a collection of cameras that have either been actively using, or collected over time sitting unused in a bag, box or somewhere they can always be pulled out to relive memories attached to each and every piece of kit.

I have gone through a whole host of cameras over the years ranging from
35mm - Minolta X300, X700, Nikon F3's, F4's and F5's
DSLR- Nikon D200, D2H, Canon EOS 1D MKiii's
Medium format - Pentax 67, 6x7, and 67ii's, Mamiya 7's
Large format - LInhof Kardan 4x5's and Toyo view 8x10's
Vintage Kodak Eastman View No.2 D
and an Antique Houghton "Triple Victo" Mahogany 1/2 Plate Camera.



Not to mention the lenses.....

At this point in time I am going 'Old School' and getting a new refreshed love of using film. I am starting to reshoot with my 67ii, my 4x5 Linhof and the Toyo 8x10.

The 67ii, due to it's relatively easy use and portability, despite the fact that it has some weight to it. With it's upgrades from the older 67's, it a pleasure to use, even though a tripod is a fairly common necessity.
The two sheet film cameras, the Linhof and Toyo are now beginning to get out more often, mainly as I have got my hands on a large quantity of 4x5 film at a steal off eBay, and the Toyo 8x10 as I have found a new fascination for using x-ray film.

So why go back to film?
The biggest reason, - digital has taken away the 'process' of photography as it was becoming an image elimination process and 'Trigger Happy Snapper' rather than a thoughtful artist.

I have a genuine love for all photographic gear, the highly advance DSLR which can fly you to the moon, and the basic but highly specialised field and view camera with just as much versatility when you know how to use it...!!!

The results speak for themselves.
Thanks very much for your comprehensive list. I see a few former friends there, namely: Minolta x-700 SLR and the Linhof. I have used the Linhof on occasion, but not as much as my old Sinar. I understand what you mean about reverting back to film. I went digital this past May because I was totally frustrated the film labs in the Portland, Oregon area. I got very upset at having to wait an average of 3 weeks just to see what a processed roll looks like. It seems as though almost on a daily basis I meet someone who has gone back to film. I have also read recently that in about 2 to 3 years DSLRs will be going the way of Film SLRs because the camera phone technology is so much improved and producing excellent photos. Well, thanks again for list. Looking forward to viewing some awesome work.

Regards,

Tonytee
11-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 275
Welcome aboard... Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

11-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #9
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East of England
Posts: 5,569
Welcome to the forum - glad you jumped in

There are many good people on the forum who will both share, and appreciate the sharing of, knowledge. Most are constructive and tactful - a very small number aren't (they can be found on any forum!). I'm sure you'll like it here
11-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #10
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,696
QuoteOriginally posted by Abundance3 Quote
Been a long time coming.
Your most welcome here, it pays not to be too hasty with things in life.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
finally, forum, learn, my introduction to you., time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Its been a long time since the Pentax ME and MX confuseduser Welcomes and Introductions 4 09-18-2013 08:55 AM
The truth has been out there for a long time bymy141 General Talk 3 02-23-2010 08:03 PM
K20D... a long time coming. OrenMc Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 02-17-2009 08:35 AM
Ite Been A Very Long Time.... Some New Street Shots.. **dee-vee Style** ... distorted_vision Post Your Photos! 18 04-14-2008 11:47 AM
kevs shots...... its been a long time coming i know... distorted_vision Post Your Photos! 11 02-21-2008 02:00 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top