Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2015, 02:56 PM   #1

New to the world of Pentax digital

Hi there, I'm relatively new to the world of dslr, I was given a canon 1200d a year ago last September and fell in love with photography again. I have taken pictures for as long as I can remember with cheep old film cameras as a kid and really got excited when I was given a Pentax mx when i was at college. Once I figured out what a light meter was and how to expose properly, there was no going back, most of my grant was spent on developing film. I soon ran out of money when I had to earn it and got back into it when I borrowed a dslr from my work. It took me over six months until I remembered how to shoot manually when I spotted the light meter in the view finder (I've never been a fan of manuals but I realise now that they're pretty important. I upgraded to a Pentax K-S2 six weeks ago and fallen in love all over again with Pentax. I'm slowly building a collection of vintage lenses and love using M42 lenses for some reason, my favourite being an industry 50-2. I'm hoping to get more involved with the forum when I have time, I have a newborn son so most of my time is spent on cooking, cleaning, working and changing nappies. I have a Flickr account if anyone is interested, just search Sven Worrow.

12-14-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum!
12-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #3
smf
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and best wishes.
12-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sventax Quote
I've never been a fan of manuals
Welcome to the forum, it's a man thing, we just don't do manuals.

12-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Gidday Sven welcome.
Some nice shots on your flickr page
12-14-2015, 09:01 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, it's a man thing, we just don't do manuals.
My profession for the last 25+ years has been in computer programs, specifically database management systems. The favourite acronym is RTFM
Works almost every time.
12-15-2015, 01:48 AM   #7
Pentaxian

You are at the right address. Welcome to the forum. Happy Holidays.