Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2015, 03:09 PM   #1

Hello from Mickey's House

Hello PF!

First need to say a big Thank You to the community here! I've been perusing this site for a few years and it has provided a complete newbie more than enough information to move far away from the 'Green' mode on my K-5. This site is also why I bought into Pentax. There are no stores in the greater Orlando area that carry the brand so I went off many reviews and research online, (PF was key in this endeavor), and am very happy to be in the Pentax system. I bought the K-5 camera when they first came out and coupled it with the 18-135 that was new at the time as well. Needless to say, I have been on a steep learning curve but this site has been the sole source for information for me besides the obvious trial and error while out using the camera. So again, Thank You for all who contribute to this site and my apologies for being a bit of a stalker in my time here. I can't say how active I'll be, but, at least you know a bit more about this stalker, ha ha.

I have a wife and 3 young daughters which is completely why I wanted to get into photography and why I also have no time for posting on PF, or FB or Linkedin, etc. Heck, I hardly have time to share the dang jpeg photos i take with the family but that time will come. Raw shooting and post processing will have to wait a bit too but I will venture there down the road. We frequent the mouse's house and beach often in our spare time and that was the other advantage I saw in Pentax. I don't want to be worried about afternoon showers or taking the camera out on the beach. I haven't had to and this is much appreciated.

I now have a K-5IIs and a few lenses to play with, (18-135, 55-300WR version, both plastic fantastics - 35 and 50 primes and just got a copy of the new 16-85WR to trial. Possibly to sell the 18-135). I am much happier with the K-5IIs. I think between the AF challenges of the original K-5 and some softness in my copy of the 18-135 and the fact that I was completely new to photography, I was not exactly free of some buyers remorse. That has completely changed with some experience and knowledge about the camera, (again, because of this site). And it has certainly changed with the K5IIs and the primes.

So, enough with this introduction for now, I've got to go but again, hats off to the folks who do contribute here. You provide a great resource and it's very friendly in my opinion. I'll see if I can now load my first pic so you know why I've got to go. If it doesn't work, no telling how long till I get back here but any advice, is appreciated.

Cheers!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
12-18-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some more of your images.
12-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum!
12-18-2015, 05:12 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard!! Good looking crew you have there. Nicely composed shot too.

12-19-2015, 06:04 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot - cute daughters.
Welcome to the forum. Season's greetings and do post some more of your photos when you get a chance.
12-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, enjoy it all here, if you can find the time that is with everything else going on in your life.
12-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you Folks!

I will try to be more active when possible. We are headed to Tennessee for a family trip over the holidays. This is one of the reasons I jumped on the great deal they had on the new 16-85. I haven't used it much and certainly have not done any testing with it to compare it to the 18-135 but from what I've seen, I do think it is quite a bit sharper. I'll hopefully get a chance to test it more on vacation. Would certainly appreciate any feedback if I can get some images posted.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thank you again for the welcome!