Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #1

Hello from the other side!

My name is Carlitos and I'm just getting into the wonderful world of photography! I have yet to buy a camera, and being a poor college student I figured a used Pentax might be ideal for me as it also offers the chance of cheaper older lenses. I'm thinking about getting either a k-s1 or a used k-50. I'm also super into mechanical keyboards, video games, and fountain pens!

Please send any beginner tutorials or good deals my way on cameras and lenses! Happy holidays everyone!

12-27-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello Carlitos and welcome here!
It's always nice to meet someone who's facing for the first time what we all love.
Here, in the Buy/Sell area, you can find some deals and many stuff for sale or trade. Don't worry about the camera at the beginning, it's all a matter of eye and experience, so go out and shoot!
Buy the camera that make you feel comfortable, with a zoom and a prime (with Pentax you are lucky, because you can use old manual focus lenses on modern digital bodies, which means many choices for a great price).
Once you understand what kind of photography you like or you want to start, buy appropriate equipment.
About tutorials, you have a big source that is youtube, where you can learn a lot.
On Pentaxforums you can also find some guides and, aboveall, ideas, tips and wonderful photos from other photographers who will try to solve normal troubles that you will come up!

Welcome again!
12-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum!
12-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gabro822 Quote
Hello Carlitos and welcome here!
It's always nice to meet someone who's facing for the first time what we all love.
Here, in the Buy/Sell area, you can find some deals and many stuff for sale or trade. Don't worry about the camera at the beginning, it's all a matter of eye and experience, so go out and shoot!
Buy the camera that make you feel comfortable, with a zoom and a prime (with Pentax you are lucky because you can use old manual focus lenses on modern digital bodies, which means many choices for a great price).
Once you understand what kind of photography you like or you want to start, buy appropriate equipment.
About tutorials, you have a big source that is youtube, on which you can learn a lot. Here you can find some guides and, aboveall, ideas, tips and wonderful photos from other photographers who will try to solve normal troubles that you can face!

Welcome again!
Thank you for the warm welcome and the long response! I'll check out the Buy/sell area right now and see if I can score a good deal!! I can wait a bit to get my first camera to make sure it is a good deal!

12-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you sir! Happy holidays.
12-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ccarlitos2 Quote
My name is Carlitos and I'm just getting into the wonderful world of photography! I have yet to buy a camera, and being a poor college student I figured a used Pentax might be ideal for me as it also offers the chance of cheaper older lenses. I'm thinking about getting either a k-s1 or a used k-50. I'm also super into mechanical keyboards, video games, and fountain pens!

Please send any beginner tutorials or good deals my way on cameras and lenses! Happy holidays everyone!
Welcome to the Forum, Carlitos! We're most happy to have you join us!

You might look thru this page for some articles & Tutorials:

Resources | PentaxForums.com

There's also a wealth of information in any of the specialized forums you might be interested in. If you need questions answered, please don't hesitate to ask us, the members are would love to assist you!
12-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year!
12-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
Welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year!
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Carlitos! We're most happy to have you join us!

You might look thru this page for some articles & Tutorials:

Resources | PentaxForums.com

There's also a wealth of information in any of the specialized forums you might be interested in. If you need questions answered, please don't hesitate to ask us, the members are would love to assist you!
Thank you so much! I'll be around a lot for awhile hopefully

12-27-2015, 08:34 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from Alaska!
12-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #10
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ccarlitos2 Quote
Hello from the other side!
Welcome here, I must admit with that thread title I didn't know which way the post was going.
12-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by godzilla49 Quote
Welcome from Alaska!
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome here, I must admit with that thread title I didn't know which way the post was going.
Thank you guys <3 Hello, it's me